Ciaran Clark

TheSufferingVilla

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I liked about Dunne and Clark is both of them read the game so well that one would always drop into the right position when the other did not win a header. This might be basic defending but a couple of years ago we didn't do this and were flat.

When he played the first half against fiorentina last pre season alongside carlos he was immense and he hasn't disappointed since. Suspect with a bit of training he could score a few from corners as well.

Seen him in 2 games now, this and against Fulham, and he's really impressed me. The most impressive defender coming through our youth academy since Barry, I have to say. Think at this age he looks way more comfortable, reliable and "intelligent" than both Ridgewell and Cahill were when they were at the same age. They never impressed me as much. Good fighters but took too many chances for my liking. Clark looks a gem.

Clark was good today, just because he was so composed and calm.
If I recall right, that's just how he was when he played against Fulham last year. As someone else asid, this may be bad news for Curtis Davies!

And also for Cuellar and Collins

i've just basically said in the Albrighton thread - dont rush him, take time to bleed him

However, I see a difference in Clark. I think he is ready now. The game he played last year (was it Fulham) the guy looked like he was as experienced as Dunne.

This kid looks 10 times the player Cahill was - and I wish we still had him !.

I'd be tempted to stay with the kid, if he needs a rest, we have cover.

The performances he has put in for the first team are not just a flash in the pan either having watched him lots in the reserves he is as composed as he was today every time I see him.

Top quality defender and I hope he stays in the team.

i know we dont want this turning into another thread about old whatsisname - you know, the irish guy with glasses, but how the hell could he say that non of the youngstars (deliberate spelling) werent ready to make an impact???

If I recall right, that's just how he was when he played against Fulham last year. As someone else asid, this may be bad news for Curtis Davies!

I don't think he'll keep Cuellar/Collins out the side for too long, he was good today, but he had it easy against Cole and West Ham who were poor.

I don't think he'll keep Cuellar/Collins out the side for too long, he was good today, but he had it easy against Cole and West Ham who were poor.

Cole is not an easy striker to defend against. He's strong, but not John Carew strong, and Clark seemed to do just a good a job as Cuellar or Collins would have done.

Â