Comers Millions...

villafan306

Would you trust DOL with Millions to Spend?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trust DOL with Millions to Spend?

• Yes
    • No

good point Ali, was he or Risedale at faault for Seth Johnson, DOL said he wanted him it was Risdale who paid aa ridoclous fee, the same for Fowler and others.

the same also goes at Villa, if DOL wanted Baros fine, but it was Ellis/Stride wwho struck the final deal and paid probably £2m more than Baros is worth simply because we are desperate and Liverplop exploited that.

Can anyone think of the last time we as a club actually struck a really good deal for a player .....

I don't mean cheappies but where we conned another club ???

Solano maybe ....

Milosevic :twisted:

Ill take your Milosevic and raise you a Collymore :evil: :twisted:

neither of which were even around when DO'L came :bang:

and FWIW we never lost a penny on Savo.

And I'll always thank him scoring the opener in our last winning final

good point Ali, was he or Risedale at faault for Seth Johnson, DOL said he wanted him it was Risdale who paid aa ridoclous fee, the same for Fowler and others.

the same also goes at Villa, if DOL wanted Baros fine, but it was Ellis/Stride wwho struck the final deal and paid probably £2m more than Baros is worth simply because we are desperate and Liverplop exploited that.

It is quite simply a team effort. The scouts and DOL need to work together in identifying targets who fit a profile including age, position, nationality, price, attitude etc. The board work out our budget. The manager then works out who he wants to go for (the scouts should sound out a price for the player) dependant upon who provides the best end result for the team. The board then try to get the best financial deal as well as attracting the player. Its no good realising we need a CM and a CD and going after John Terry and Kaka, it has to be realistic.

It's also no good DOL handing a list of 5 names and the board blowing the whole budget on one player. I'm sure by now DOL has realised that any expensive signings that dont work out will reflect badly on him, probably more so than the board, even if he had nothing to do with negotiating the price.

Equally Arsene Wenger has a fantastic reputation (deserved or otherwise) because Arsenal have picked up a few gems for realtively small amounts of money. What i'm trying to say in a nutshell is that the whole club need to co-operate to ensure a successful transfer policy but ultimately it is the manager who will be judged on the success of these signings.

Yes, for now. But as someone said earlier, there are probably other managers who are better on this. But still, i think he's done some good buys, some decent and some questionable like DJDJ and Berson who'll never be forgotten. But those two seems to be panicbuys who'd never been if real money had been available. Most of his signings have been good i think, so I'd trust him. But some other managers maybe can attract better players than he can. Not just thinking about SGE and Beckham. :winkold:

weird mainly negative comments but the "ayes" have it so far

I would be more interested on "Who" DOL could attract to Villa if we had these millions

Sven has claimed he could get Beckham for example , would DOL have same clout ... if we had the money would he have been able to get Owen for example ...

based on Berson,Laursen,Bouma ,& Djx2 and for the fact he still wants Beattie I went for no ..

• 3 years later...
Â