Villa v West Ham Reaction Thread

TheEgo

Thought every one played great today! great atmosphere, new style of play, albrighton was amazing.

Well deserved standing ovation for milner, young & albrighton.

wouldn't it just be amazing if milner changed his mind about moving after that game?

Super, super marc, super, super marc, super, super marc, super marc albrighton!

UTV, kev for full job.

I thought Carew played quite well today myself, just didn't score, that's all. (I know a striker is supposed to score, btw)

Obviously didn't get the goal he shuld have, that said he should have had 2 penalties.

I think there's a huge difference between a striker playing well but not scoring and a striker missing a ton of chances. Then you're not doing your job - all players should take their chances, but for strikers it's what they're paid to do.

As a pro, you have to stick one of those away. The one-on-one or header at least. It wasn't good enough. However, good day for Big John to have an off-day. He'll be back.

And as long as we keep making those chances, we'll be fine.

What a game!!!! Start from the off we were at West Ham and they didnt have anything to throw back at us!

Albrighton was brilliant! Top performance from the young lad, hope to see he continue in the very near future!

Clark was composed and kept WHU's attack quiet alone with Dunney!

Young played very well along with Milner, who I am really gutted about going. He gave 120% once again and was pleased to see him leave the pitch with VP's applause!

Overall, one of the best villa performances for a while! We passed the ball extremely well and there were some fantastic movement to create chances. I think our performance was enhanced by a poor WHU, I'd be pissed off right now if I was a WHU fan, none of their players turned up!

UTV!

It does show what a goalie is worth though, doesn't it.

Spurs come out like a house on fire, and Hart keeps them at bay against all odds through the first half. City recover and see out a decent away draw.

Green was as shaky as ever today, makes a bit of a mistake for our goal, and our momentum built and built to the extent that the result was never in question.

A little dissapointed that Jimmy went straight to the tunnel at the end, didnt come over to the fans to say cheerio. His substitution was an emotional moment, he will be missed regardless of his replacement.

Anyhow, best home performance for a long while. Hope we can combine those kind of performances with our generally excellent away performances for the duration of the season.

I thought Carew played quite well today myself, just didn't score, that's all. (I know a striker is supposed to score, btw)

Obviously didn't get the goal he shuld have, that said he should have had 2 penalties.

I think there's a huge difference between a striker playing well but not scoring and a striker missing a ton of chances. Then you're not doing your job - all players should take their chances, but for strikers it's what they're paid to do.

As a pro, you have to stick one of those away. The one-on-one or header at least. It wasn't good enough. However, good day for Big John to have an off-day. He'll be back.

And as long as we keep making those chances, we'll be fine.

Agreed the header was very poor, and his first touch in the one on one, but that should have been a penalty anyway when Green brought him down. I think the ref "forgot" about it or decided to overlook it in the commotion whenTomkins hit the post.

Other than that I thought he made a nuisance of himself and made life very difficult for the WH defenders today, didn't get half the free kicks he should have and held up play well today.

Was you watching Ian Wright? Terry Venables? And all you over media whores and pals of O'Neill who were spouting utter bollocks about Villa being a club in turmoil, a club where the players and dressing room was split? That we'd do nothing and decline without MON?

Well were you? WERE YOU?!?

Just the result I was expecting, really. The team would want to show they were unified, and their success of late was not all down to MON.....

I think the shackles have come off, and anything is possible with the talent on this Villa team.

UTV!

Who did the 'sponsors' name as Man of the match?

Maybe they're passing round those brown envolopes again? Reo-Coker, MOTM!!!

Downing !! - now he played fine, but MOTM ?

You must have turned away when he scored and hit the crossbar twice :?

i questioned downing getting MOTM, and id guess at super marc being chanted after it got announced others did too, not a reflection on downing as he was brilliant today, more a shout for how good albrighton was (id actually put clark 2nd choice too)

Quick question for those who watched the game.

The football we played today was it similar to or better than the kind we displayed against Bolton when we beat them 4-0 in 2008?

It's the one where Gabby finished off an exquisite passing move from the team.

It was similar, but this was a little less direct than that. The other thing that really made me happy was that we didn't revert at any time to smacking it at Carew. This may change under pressure from a better team, but we kept the ball really well today

Agreed. Carew was unplayable today. A couple of wasted chances, which he of course should have converted, but overall he was immense. Did Heskey's job ten times better than Emily ever did. And that was with the ref giving him nothing, including a dead-on penalty when he hit the post.

We looked deadly with A Young playing everywhere (my Motm) and our two wingers.....well this allbrighton plays with no fear, the west ham defenders s**t themselves whenever he had the ball.

Luke Young needs to stay, Milner played well and gave it all but nothing spectacular.

Why have our players suddenly woke up and pulled a performance together like this? I was a MON fan and tbh still am but the players today showed they had problems with him.....UTV

Â