Villa v West Ham Reaction Thread

TheEgo

Absolutely brilliant performance from the boys today, each and every one of them were excellent.

All played with passion, determination, skill and more interestingly, freedom. Shackles were off and everyone looked like a weight had been lifted.

Anyway let's not worry over the new manager or JM going today (who was magnificent) and let's just bask in the start of a new season and a GREAT performance.

10 out of 10 to Allbrighton and Petrov and 9 for the rest, best performance in years for me.

Very proud of the way we played today, some of the football was scintillating. Very sad to see JM go now, he was very good indeed.

As for Albrighton? Well, IF he can keep up the consistency we have real gem on our hands.

Wow. Looked like a totally different team! Brilliant performance.

I like the fact that we now have someone in charge (for the time being at least) who isnt afraid to use his subs and put the kids in, and fair play to the lot of em they stepped up to the mark. Very encouraging.

Marc Albrighton is going to be some player aswel.

said everything i wanted to in the match thread and everyone else will say everything here a hundred times over, but **** me was albrighton class today. MOTM.

Great performance by the whole team. Hope L. Young stays.

I think Young was key to alot today, having somebody upfront who has a good first touch and can pass the ball gives us alot more options, usually Carew would win the ball and be forced to either flick on to Gabby, or knock it 10-15 yards back to Petrov/Milner leaving us with the other teams midfield infront of us, today Young was there to get the ball, run with it or quickly move the ball forward with a pass.

Wow, what a game, I can't remember seeing us play like that for the majority of a game for a long time. As others have said, we just seemed to play with freedom today. We played with great style, passed the ball around brilliantly, had variation in our play and created more chances than i can remember.

I know it's too early to say, but if MacDonald can get us playing like that on a regular basis I would be happy to see him take the reigns permanently. That's the kind of football we should be seeing at home. And who says we can't win playing beautiful football.

Â