Match Thread (Locked)

limpid

While Im pleased to see youth getting chance, I would have liked a couple more first teamers to go to make me more confident.

Il be very cross if we make a total arse of this again. I work every Saturday so im banking on a few Sunday games to come down to VP.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not particularly happy with this weak thing in europe again, pisses me off whoever is deciding it.

Why not give it a go use the squad the players wouldn't be too ****.

I'm all for giving the youth a chance but with a few more seniors on the bench perhaps.

not too bothered if we lose, would much prefer saturday games to sunday games so i am the reverse of you woodytom

that said i wouldnt mind another couple of good aways in europe

Trust me you want me at as many games as possible.

Out of 21 games I have been too in my life, we have only lost 2.

So probably:

Guzan

Beye Davies Clark Warnock

Albrighton NRC Bannan Downing

Heskey Weimann

Maybe?

That is exactly the team they surmised on Radio WM tonight.

I'm not particularly happy, as at this early stage of the season we should have kept an unchanged starting line up and battered these ****

How do you play an unchanged line up with Milner sold & Richard Dunne suspended.

Ceullar, Collins, Gabby, Sidwell and Carew injured. Even if carew was not injured he is not a 2 game week man with his fitness & injury record.

This debate of a so called weak squad centres on A, Young, luke young & Petrov all rested, 3 players. Not what I would call massive changes when most of the missing are injured, one sold & one suspended.

K Mac at least has a right back to replace L young.

As we play today, next sunday then thursday and next sunday with Everton(H) he has no choice but to use the squad.

Just be making the same mistake as Oneil if he risked unfit players.

Good news indeed.

I am happy we have rested a few players as well. Bottom line is we all moaned when O'Neil did not use the squad, and with Davies, Beye, Guzan, Warnock, Reo Coker, Downing, Heskey and now Albrighton, we have enough potentional first teamers out there.

I am sure the youngsters will gain a lot from this experience. I would take a scoring draw, but thik we will nick it 2-1

Guzan

Beye, Davies, Clark, Warnock

Albrighton, Reo Coker, Downing, Bannan

Heskey, Weimann

Reo Coker to skipper and be MOTM

Weimann and Downing to score

Hesky to play ok, but miss a sitter

I`m shocked and speechless. What a shame.

I don`t expect anything now because everybody is confused. Jelavic has broken the contract just 7 hours before the match. I can`t imagine that the team is fully concentrated now.

make a decision folks, either the likes of Albrighton, Clarke and Delfonso are good enough to be in the squad or they're not. You've got some people on this site who moaned at MON for not using them, then praised Kmac for considering them, that are not moaning at him for using them. I think we'll win or draw tonight. Happy that were using our squad.

Delfonso with Weimann in front.please not Heskey KM :-)

Actually, I think if Heskey is asked to play as a striker, and not "a link man" (read: tracking all the way back to his own area to get the ball), we might see more of the form that he produced at Wigan (where he was pretty dangerous, TBF)

Their best player (Jelavic) is refusing to play tonight as he wants to join Rangers and be available for them in Champs League. Good news.

The good news is that he isn't our best player. ;)

On the other hand this could be a chance for our other striker Salihi who actually doesn't need as many chances as Jelavic to score a goal. But he didn't get as much attention from the coach as Jelavic did.

Their best player (Jelavic) is refusing to play tonight as he wants to join Rangers and be available for them in Champs League. Good news.

The good news is that he isn't our best player. ;)

On the other hand this could be a chance for our other striker Salihi who actually doesn't need as many chances as Jelavic to score a goal. But he didn't get as much attention from the coach as Jelavic did.

Who is your best player then?

I know Payer, Heikkinen and Hoffmann but don't know much about your others players.

Unless you're saying Salihi is your best player? Or is it Hoffmann?

The interest in Europe in Jelavic, the fact he was your top scorer and the fact he has caps for Croatia made me presume so. I'm just glad we don't have him or Maierhofer to face this time around :D

Excuse my shameless ignorance but could anybody clarify what positions the lesser known players in the squad favour?

Lichaj RB.

Bannan CM, LM, AM.

Wieman, ST.

Hogg CM

Collins ST.

Baker CB.

Osbourne Anywhere.

Maybe we'll see Hogg in the centre of midfield? Bannan seems too lightweight to be played there.

Good news indeed.

I am happy we have rested a few players as well. Bottom line is we all moaned when O'Neil did not use the squad, and with Davies, Beye, Guzan, Warnock, Reo Coker, Downing, Heskey and now Albrighton, we have enough potentional first teamers out there.

I am sure the youngsters will gain a lot from this experience. I would take a scoring draw, but thik we will nick it 2-1

Guzan

Beye, Davies, Clark, Warnock

Albrighton, Reo Coker, Downing, Bannan

Heskey, Weimann

Reo Coker to skipper and be MOTM

Weimann and Downing to score

Hesky to play ok, but miss a sitter

People also moaned when he played a similar side against Moscow away.