• A Young
    • Milner
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Reo-Coker (for Milner 84)
    • Wiemann (for L Young 85)
    • Bannan (for Albrighton 88)

Just watched the game, Milner was the best player for me.

Good football, we finally got the ball to a player in the hole which allowed us to find more dangerous positions, and we went after the ball alot more, setting a higher tempo which was great and key today because we barely allowed West Ham to settle on the ball.

Apart from that, it wasn't HUGE changes from how we see with O'Neill in terms of how most of our chances come back, just this time, we have players in better positions, allowing to play better football and get even more out of them. I.e. Albrighton in the team and Young in the hole.

Downing looks great too, just never wastes possesion.

Don't know how Carew didn't score. Will put it down with some bad luck amongst some poor finishes.

When Gabby is fit I'd still play 4-5-1 and keep Gabby up top on his own, because Carew should have had a hattrick today. That being said he did hold the ball up well.

8's all around, 9 for Milner and Young, 10 for Albrighton.

Went Albrighton but Young (a) was also up there

Friedel - 8

Young L - 8

Clark - 8

Dunne - 8

Warnock - 7

Albrighton - 9.5 (want to give 10 but am trying to be calm!)

Milner - 8

Petrov - 8

Downing - 8

Young - 9

Carew - 7

Reo-coker - 6

Bannan - 6

Wiemann - 6

Albrighton MOTM for me. Great performances from Downing, Ash, Milner and Clark too. If Carew had had his scoring boots on we would have been in dreamland (and with bets i had on I wouldve been a fair whack richer, couldn't believe it when he fluffed that header!!).

90 mins of exciting football! Our creative unit Downing-Young-Albrighton was so good that there were moments I almost forgot Milner was on the pitch. (I hope he stays!)

Clark, not excellent but good. Goal for Petrov, alright! Carew had one of his best games ... no goals but no matter. Fullbacks offensive, great!

Ratings: 7, 7, 8, 8, 7, 8, 8, 7, 8, 8, 7

If it had been Everton add 1 for each.

Team performance 9 (=MOTM for me).

37 to go.

Â