• A Young
    • Milner
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Reo-Coker (for Milner 84)
    • Wiemann (for L Young 85)
    • Bannan (for Albrighton 88)

Friedel - 8 Had nowt to do for ages but make one really really good save.

Young - 9 Solid, an asset to any team.

Warnock - 7 A couple of iffy moments

Dunne & Clark - 9 Dunne his usual self and Clark unfazed by the pressure.

Albrighton - 10 MOM. Wow.

Petrov & Milner - 9 The engine room. Nice to see Petrov get forward more.

Downing - 8 Still more to come I feel but got a goal and looked lively.

Young - 9 So, so dangerous. Englands loss is our gain. He was taking the piss towards the end.

Carew - 9 Don't care if he doesn't score all season if he leads the line like that.

Incredible performance, absolutely delighted with both Albrighton and Clark in particular - both put in sterling performances and gave us an invigorated hope for the future.

The only downside was Carew's lack of shooting boots but he worked so hard otherwise so I can let it slide. Well, and that it looks like goodbye from Jimmy. Pleased that our support made him give a second thought today at least - nice one guys.

Martin O'Who?

Excellent performance, outside of 10 minutes in the second half we were totally dominant. Great reaction from the fans - behind the players, MacDonald and Lerner. Albrighton, Clark, Petrov and Downing were brilliant everyone else at least a or 7 or 8. Best Villa performance in a long time. Without being overly fickle.... Martin who?

absolutely.

i know it is only one game but it doesnt matter - it is a premier league match and albrighton and clark both showed that they do have the minerals to cut it at this level even if they arent the finished article yet.

top performance, top decisions from kmac - great to see the youngsters coming on for a run at the end, top result, just a great way to start the season.

i bet randy will sleep a bit easier tonight too...

Simply wonderful.

To a man, the players looked refreshed, reignited, playing without shackles and with a rather large weight lifted from their shoulders.

Albrighton MOTM with Milner, Petrov and Young not far behind.

As I said in the match thread, it's performances like that from Albrighton that will renew my faith in football.

WHAT A WIN!

I dispise West Ham (specially living in East London) they usually nick points of us, but today we gave them a footballing lesson.

Albrighton was class, Young was class, a chubby downing was class too.

Hats off to Milner for putting in 100%, not like he was ever going to do anything less, but a true professional.

Best football ive seen us play in a while, lets hope this boosts our confidence for the next few games

Seriously good performance by every single one of em tbh.

After fully accepting Milners leaving, i really wish he was staying now, the guys an engine, so so so perfect CM for a team like ours', massive shame.

Anyway UTV boys you did us proud.

And Petrov didn't tire after an hour today!

See what happens when the ball does the work and we pass the thing, rather than hoof it and chase constantly. We actually kept possession today!

A big well done to everyone from the players to McDonald.

had a few very good shouts for a pen turned down,

yeah i thought the officials looked almost as dopey as west ham for much of the game

the one fella fouled albrighton in the build up to the 3rd goal and should have got his second yellow

Best game I've seen for years.....attractive attacking football that just battered the opposition into submission.... players looked like the shackles had been taken off & were fantastic.

Anyone else now doubting that all the ITK from the club this week has been absolutely spot on?!!!

"See ya Martin... don't let the door hit you on the backside on the way out will ya!!"

Onwards & Upwards..........

What a performance, simply splendid. Let's not however forget to take a look at the West Ham team sheet before getting carried away because that was a shit shit team. When was the last time you saw Boa Morte play?

Friedel - 8 Had little to do but did well when it counted. Had worries after preseason that he was fading but based on this performance he should be fine.

Luke - 8 We saw what playing a right back at right back :winkold: can do to our attacking play today. Great display.

Warnock - 8 Like Luke, little fault with him, one or two misplaced passers but overlapped very well and was solid in defense.

Dunne - 6 Weakest link today IMO, not a terrible performance but he was outpaced a few times and certainly seems to have lost a little pace.

Clark - 9 Read the game magnificently, think I lost count of the number of interceptions he made. Good distribution as well.

Petrov - 9 Captain's performance, absolutely bossed the midfield.

Milner - 10 See Petrov. Idk why I gave him a perfect score, maybe because he's leaving. Idk.

Ash - 9 Fantastic in that free role, gave us much needed creativity and movement. We look much more fluid with him in the side.

Albrighton - 9 Great performance from the young lad, a bit disappointed with his crossing though but his all round game looks excellent.

Downing - 8 A good performance but no way was he MOTM. Will do wonders for his confidence though, let's hope he carries that throughout the season.

Carew - 8 Never lost the ball, held the line well. Only reason he didn't get a 9 or 10 was because he fluffed an unbelievable number of chances, and we cannot afford to be that wasteful in front of goal.

Fantastic display, but as I said, don't get carried away. Blackpool whopping Wigan doesn't mean they will win the league, similarly thrashing a frankly shit West Ham side doesn't mean this season will be a success. Encouraging nonetheless.

how good was Clark? most our nice attack was started from the back.. no hoofing.. so composed for a young lad. Great passing. Brilliant player.. I wouldnt drop him if Cuellar and Collins are fit..

Not the greatest opposition but no reason top drop him.. him and Dunney 2 clean sheets together.

Friedel - 8. Didn't have a lot to do, but made one great save.

L.Young - 7. Did well nice to see proper right back.

Dunne - 8. Marshalled the defence well.

Clark - 8. Always looks composed.

Warnock - 7. Almost cost us a goal but good otherwise.

Albrighton - 9.5. MOTM Wow what a player, you could visually see his confidence grow in the second half.

Petrov - 9. Interesting you didn't see him tire as much when essentially playing in a 5.

Milner - 9. He's class, i will be sorry to see him go.

Downing - 9. Got a goal, his the cross bar twice, his best performance in a Villa shirt.

Young - 9. Looked all over the place(in a good way). This roll could really suit him.

Carew - 7. If he had his shooting boots (and head) God knows what the score would have been. Still he held the ball up well.

Subs. All on to short a time to mark.

MacDonald - 10. Great win, great play. I like the fact he took Milner off to get his ovation and Albrighton to get his standing ovation. Also each sub was a young player, something that O'Neill wouldn't do, Heskey would have been on.

VERY impressed with the whole squad, shows that off the pitch activity has had little effect, also Kev showed how good our youth is. Clark and Albrighton were superb! Albrighton for MOTM for me. Only negative is Carew, despite impressing at times, just didnt seem with it. Milner played well all considering his 'pending' transfer away, and took his goal very well, got a feeling he will stay to be honest.

So to conclude, Albrighton/Clark seeled on team sheet for Newcastle IMO, Milner to still be here.

Fantastic result, no question about Albrighton, defo man of the match.

West Haaaaaam were shit to be fair, but any team would have struggled against us today, every player on the pitch wanted it, great effort from all of the team.

How cool would it be if Randy decided to tell Man Shitty to **** off and forget about signing Milner.

And Petrov didn't tire after an hour today!

See what happens when the ball does the work and we pass the thing, rather than hoof it and chase constantly. We actually kept possession today!

A big well done to everyone from the players to McDonald.

regarding petrov - i thought he was a different player today. passing, movement, attacking runs, a goal.

best thing mon ever did with this squad was walking away from them.

Not a single vote for the sponsor's man of the match... says a lot really!

Cracking performance from Marc Albrighton. Need to get the most out of him for the nex few games befofe the res of the prem catch on.

Â