Where are all the tears?

BOF

I think it's important to re-iterate that this is in no way an anti-MON article. It even points out that we need to wait for his side of the story before properly making our minds up.
That's EXACTLY what I intend to do!

How long do you intend to wait before suspecting that he doesn't have a justified excuse? He can't leave us hanging, forever thinking that he might have had a decent reason.

How long do you intend to wait before suspecting that he doesn't have a justified excuse? He can't leave us hanging, forever thinking that he might have had a decent reason.

Brian, firstly, without knowing the full facts I'm not suspecting anything other than his own personal reasons were justifiable to himself. It may even prove overtime if we completely self implode that his silence speaks for itself. Hopefully this scenario doesn't come to pass.

Secondly, he can leave us in suspense for as long as he sees fit because ultimately that is HIS prerogative.

Finally, & this is the most important bit, MON has left Villa Park so everyone needs to MOVE ON. I did, literally 30 seconds after hearing the news. Yes we can & will no doubt all continue to debate the what ifs & the maybe's because it is an appealing current theme & part of human nature but in reality everything now becomes purely hypothetical & therefore pointless other than for the cathartic element of releasing repressed emotions.

The only thing that can't be denied is MON's track record at Villa Park because that is FACT & it speaks for itself. That is his legacy & it would be churlish to claim otherwise.

Aston Villa are bigger than all of us & will carry on regardless. We have a glorious past, may or may not be in limbo at the present time dependent upon personal opinion & hopefully we will enjoy a glorious future too.

Here's hoping. Up the Villa!

I don't disagree with any of that and to pick a point out of it, I also don't disagree that his reasons were justifiable to himself. I'd just be curious as to whether he will make them known, and then whether people will think them as justifiable as he does.

Oh and believe me, I've moved on and am looking forward and optimistic now. It's more a morbid curiosity that makes me wonder why he did what he did.

MON, walked out on Norwich after a few months in charge - had a spat with the chairman over funding. MON also signed a contract with Risdale to become Leeds manager when still in charge at Celtic. Now he's walked out on us with a few days before the season starts. We were told DOL was the arrogant egotist, I quite liked DOL. Must say I never warmed to MON. Which one out the two shit on the club?

We were told DOL was the arrogant egotist, I quite liked DOL.

Not having a go at you, but surely you must be in a minority of one here?

DOL was THE WORST VILLA MANAGER EVER!

(IMO!)

Yes I was and am in a huge minority, we could argue DOL but we'd be covering very old ground. But something about MON has never sat right with me and I've always trusted my own judgement. The way he walked out, I can't find a positive to defend the man. Perhaps we don't know the full facts but...it don't really look good from where I'm standing.

But something about MON has never sat right with me .... it don't really look good from where I'm standing.

Are you sitting, or standing?

We need answers! :winkold:

You have found the positive here to defend the man Baz because as you state "perhaps we don't know the full facts". People have been hung for less!

Unfortunately we really are all gonna' have to wait until MON's disclosure! Maddening I know, but there you go!

Unfortunately we really are all gonna' have to wait until MON's disclosure! Maddening I know, but there you go!

are we? I'm waiting for nothing from MON. Other than an apology :lol: :winkold:

Sorry Jon, but you're gonna have one hell of a long wait in that case because MON is one stubborn son of a gun.

As annoying as this stubborness is, it also made him his own man.

MON's biggest weakness was that he didn't take kindly to criticim, but then again WHO DOES?

Sorry Jon, but you're gonna have one hell of a long wait in that case because MON is one stubborn son of a gun.

As annoying as this stubborness is, it also made him his own man.

MON's biggest weakness was that he didn't take kindly to criticim, but then again WHO DOES?

NOT ME!! :evil:

I was being slightly facetious with my earlier remark, Doug. :winkold:

In some quarters Randy is the villain for selling Milner and setting us up as a selling club, but there seems to be bit a bit of irony here.

If Martins many other signings had matched up to Milner and Young and we hade gone on to do things in a more convincing manner, (similar to 1977)rather than limp over the 6th place line.... would Milner had wanted to go?

Money is a big head turner, but if we had of produced a scintillating team, tearing the opposition up....I have my doubts that Milner or Barry would have left.

In my view O'Neill was the architect of his own demise.

Â