Where are all the tears?

BOF

Good article that BOF.

I'm tired now of trying to explain to non Villans why O'Neill leaving our club is imo a good thing, so tired in fact I've stopped and just answer with a grunt when they come out with BS about how we've lost one of the best managers in the league etc etc.

Untill O'Neill drops a bollock at some other club, the public will always think he's some kind of wizz manger that's only fit for a top job.

I can't wait to hear what he comes out with once he breaks his silence.

Agree 100% with this. This is the most excited I have been in a couple of years going to a Villa game and not knowing what side or tactics to expect. Will be really pee'd off if we get a 4-4-2 with Stan and Sidwell in the middle and the only sub being Heskey for Carew after 80 minutes!!

And what if we play that and win 5-0?

A good article BOF, I share your passion for the reserves and also your respect for KM. You ask interesting questions without being negative about Mon. Each one of us has had long enough in the last four years to form our own opinions about "Mon, the man and the myth."

I felt that after two stimulating years we gradually ran out of steam. Mon has left us with good players and now we also have a good coach to bring fresh energy and ideas to the Villa team.

I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders as a Villa supporter, and I think that a lot of Villa players may share this feeling.

As Kevin Mac has said, tomorrow afternoon needs to be positively vociferous like the best of european nights. We have a future once again.

Yeah it was so **** shit when we improved season on season and so great when our manager left 5 days before the season started. What a weight lifted off our shoulders.

Completely agree. How shxt was it to be a respected club again. How shxt to be here in Dublin and be able to considered a team everybody was worries about playing. How shxt for my kids at school, being anongst the only Villa fans there, to be able to give as good as they have to take from all the Chelse, Man U and Liverpool fans.

Roll on the new era

its an article that has a lot of credence.

it is not fair to name names, but it may shock you to know Petrov, will not be broken hearted....strange one that hey.

as they say....your article is getting very warm.

like you i think he had his uses and created a bed of stability, it has been well documented my feelings towards him.... very mixed.

I am very optimistic for the future and have no fear of doom & gloom.... i think the club has had the tourniquet removed.

Don't think we are missing the point BOF. I read the article and it puts its point over well, I just don't agree with it.

I feel we had a quality manager who improved us every year, insisted on discipline, refused to pamper his players and wated things done his way or the high way. To me this was the approach that was needed and i don't care if the players were happy or not.

With regard to Macy D well I wish him the best. However, I am worried as the LONG TERM record of reserve coaches taking over clubs is not generally great.

Hear, hear BOF. A nice change from all the childish recriminations flying between the "MON acolytes" and "anti-MON brigade".

For the record, IMO MON did a good job and we've got very accustomed to top 6 finishes. I'm skeptical that the next manager will achieve as much with the new financial restrictions. Obviously MON knew he couldn't and quit.

Don't think we are missing the point BOF. I read the article and it puts its point over well, I just don't agree with it.

I feel we had a quality manager who improved us every year, insisted on discipline, refused to pamper his players and wated things done his way or the high way. To me this was the approach that was needed and i don't care if the players were happy or not.

With regard to Macy D well I wish him the best. However, I am worried as the LONG TERM record of reserve coaches taking over clubs is not generally great.

Agree with that. Happy or not the players were performing under him, the consistency was brilliant. I think we'll be hard pushed to match it and think people are far too optimistic to think things will suddenly improve now he's gone. Like him or not its no doubt players like Barry, Young, Milner and Agbonlahor had come on loads under O Neill and its not going to be an easy task for any manager to do similar

Really though, how often do players come out and say: "I'm in tears, what a shit situation."?

It was clear that one of our best players, Ash, had a massive amount of respect for him and it required showdown talks to make sure he stayed.

So totally and utterly wrong that, and ill informed, i'm afraid.

Really though, how often do players come out and say: "I'm in tears, what a shit situation."?

It was clear that one of our best players, Ash, had a massive amount of respect for him and it required showdown talks to make sure he stayed.

is milner and young representative of the feelings of the whole squad?

Despite doing a lot things I didn't agree with, (Harewood, Heskey, No Darren Bent) you can't argue that MON got results.

But its a squad game now - and MON couldn't do this. IMO this is what needed to dome to move us on a level. Thats why I am not to sad at his departure. BUT the next manager probably will use the squad more - but may have failings in other areas. So Yes I am optimistic the next manager may address some of MON shortcomings - but equally catious that he may bring other shortcomings

is milner and young representative of the feelings of the whole squad?

milly hated him towards the end ....

asher keen to sign a new contract at the moment ...

The League Managers Chief Exec was on Five Live today suggesting if Randy had been at the end of a corridor at B6 instead of the States, the matter have been resolved between them, but to me, this guy was trying to justify MON's leaving.

As BOF said, until MON tells his side, we are all guessing.

Thats a bit rich, but then again you would expect him to defend one of his members.

it didn't seem to trouble Martin in the first 2 years when he was basically running the club and probably/arguably instrumental in driving 2 chief exec's out of town....No it was when the players he bought he felt he couldn't play that suddenly Randy was too far away to help him.

nice try

Martin ...you made your bed you lie on it.give em enough rope as they say.

Big John has said in Norwegian media that he was surprised and sad to see him go, if that helps :winkold:

they will say one thing to the media, if it suits them.

Big John has said in Norwegian media that he was surprised and sad to see him go, if that helps :winkold:

they will say one thing to the media, if it suits them.

OK, so if they say they're glad to get rid, they're glad to get rid...

If they say nothing, they're glad to get rid...

And if they say they're sad to see him go, they're glad to get rid...

That how it works?

Good article, BOF. True that We don't know Martin's side of the story but there are some facts that we do know. And those facts alone make me think very poorly of O'Neill to the point of a true loss of respect.

Fact, O'Neill did not say a proper good-bye or address his team at all. They all found out about his quitting on them and the club from the television just like any average Joe on the street.

Fact, Lerner left for the US on Saturday night with no clue of O'Neill being so unhappy that he was on the verge of quitting days before the new season was to begin. Was it impulsiveness on O'Neill's part or a plan to really screw over the club? That I don't know but either way, when you are unhappy enough to quit you are responsible for initiating the dialogue.

Not talking to the team or at least speaking to the players directly man to man and not broaching the subject of his unhappiness to the point of stepping down less than 48 hours later to the Chairman are two factual reasons why I have lost respect for O'Neill regardless of what his "reasons" actually were.

edited to add: What Martin did by giving the club hope and confidence to compete once again at a high level can not be measured. And for that I am very appreciative. I'm sorry that his reputation is now tarnished by a thick cloud of dirty air.

So totally and utterly wrong that, and ill informed, i'm afraid.

Care to elaborate? Sources?

milly hated him towards the end ....

Care to elaborate? Sources?

Â