Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Must admit, I am very surprised by him. Only a couple of games so far, but if he keeps up this sort of form in the Premiership then he'll be our first choice right back easily. Bale did nothing today. Just a shame they had van der Vaart back.

2 very good games and he gave Bale nothing. Made a brilliant tackle in first half when Bale cut in to centre of pitch.

As i dont rate Luke Young and Warnock id say he is probably our best full back which is worrying considering its only his 2nd Premier League

Against the less aerial teams I'd like to see a defence of...

Lichaj-Cuellar-Clark-L.Young

...as first choice now, perhaps Collins in for the Stokes and Blackburns of this world. Don't think it'd be any worse at the moment.

Lichaj signed as an almost 19 year old amateur with a broken leg a little over 3 years ago. He had to rehab his injury plus learn a lot of the basics and just how to be a professional. For him to now be going up against the Sky Sports Greatest Left Winger in the History of the World and keeping him mostly quiet is a pretty good story. The coaching staff deserves a lot of credit for developing him to this point.

Â