Eric Lichaj

Rob182

I've watched him for a couple of years in the reserves and I've got to say, he's better than I ever thought he would be - he's not the paciest (that's a word) but he's developed a fair bit of defensive smarts and he's got so much aggression and determination in him he more than makes up for it. Very good today and I think he might have a pretty bright future.

He's a confident lad, despite his underhit backpass he shrugged it off and got on with the game. Also got a bit of a bollocking from Friedel for seeing to Modric with his supposed cramp, so again what does he do he bursts into the box and nearly gets an equaliser.

Physically there is no doubt he can make it in this league, and most of his decisions so far have been the right ones. I'm certainly more confident with Lichaj then I am with Warnock on the other side.

Thought he did a great job in keeping Bale quiet. I can only remember Bale going past Lichaj once. The only other times Bale managed to get forward was through the middle and when he won free kicks from Lichaj which were bad decisions.

Just as well Messi doesn't play in the Premier League.

Bale is way better than Messi, and Lichaj utterly bossed Bale today.

If we ever get Champions League, you'd better watch out Lionel. 'Cos Eric ain't idle.

Seriously though, well done to EL, superb performance.

I've watched him for a couple of years in the reserves and I've got to say, he's better than I ever thought he would be

He's certainly improved as he looked a liability in the Peace Cup.

I thought Lichaj was very good today. I don't think we need to go looking for another RB when we have both him and Young. All this proves is we really don't need Beye.

Bale is a very good player if a tad over hyped but Lichaj did excellently against him today. His tackling is good and he reads the game well. Added to that his long throw will become in time a real weapon.

Not a player I thought would make it with us but more than happy to be proved wrong.

Â