Eric Lichaj

Rob182

Yank is someone from the NORTH. Rebel is someone from the SOUTH.

It really annoys me how ALL Americans all refered to as Yanks. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Okay, then: colonials. :winkold:

Edit: Apologies in advance - only yanking your chain. :P

Had a good look st Lichaj today as I was in the front row of the DE down by the Holte so watched him closely first half as he dealt with the impressive Thomas. Was very impressed with what I saw. Positioning, tackling, heading, throwing. Was MOTM for me. Very promising and much better than L. Young's been in recent weeks.

Eric Lichaj still feels he has much to improve despite making his full Premier League debut in Aston Villa's 2-1 win over West Bromwich Albion.

The USA international got his first 90-minute dose of action in the top flight and turned out a performance that drew praise from his manager Gerard Houllier.

Lichaj came in for the injured Luke Young and did well against West Brom's Jerome Thomas but the 22-year-old wants to continue his rise from the Villa reserves.

He told Sky Sports HD: "There are a lot of things I can improve upon. I got skinned by Thomas a couple of times and I got the best of him a couple of times. I guess that's how it goes but I need to improve my defending.

"If I was in the stands then I might have been laughing because I was left on my behind but we won and that's all that matters in the end."

Lichaj felt Villa were deserving winners on Saturday courtesy of goals from Stewart Downing and Emile Heskey.

He said: "We fought very hard for the whole game and we took our chances when we needed to. They are a very good side and they like to play football but we deserved it in the end.

Marc Albrighton played a role in both goals and Lichaj was glad to have the young winger playing in front of him.

He added: "He's done very well. He was injured but he's back and it's good to have him back.

"When I played in the reserves he was always in front of me and it's good to have him in front of me because I know what he does."

http://tinyurl.com/2fapcbx

Very impressed with today and boy, what a throw.
Maybe we could learn to exploit it.

It may sound trivial but we always seem static from our own throw-ins and it has been like that for a long time.

Static? We're appalling - teams don't have to defend our throw ins. I made a few comments in the match thread where we had throw ins not far from the edge of the area, we throw it two yards, get it back, pass it backwards. If Lichaj is on the pitch, he should be deployed for any forward based throwins on either side of the pitch.

If Lichaj is on the pitch, he should be deployed...

You're making him sound like artillery (actually, I suppose that's the point - d'oh me). :D

Yup, round up the opposition in the area and bomb(ard) the bastards.

The best thing about our kids is the attitude of the mall, they all seem very prepared to work hard and learn.
OK, so he's a yank but let's lay off the americanisms, it's a shopping centre. (note spelling of centre)

It really annoys me how ALL Americans all refered to as Yanks. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Lichaj for president (if Emile can't run because he's English )!

To Foreigners, a Yankee is an American

To Americans, a Yankee is a Northerner

To Northerners, a Yankee is a New Englander

To New Englanders, a Yankee is a Vermonter

To Vermonters, a Yankee is a Southern Vermonter

To Southern Vermonters, a Yankee is one who eats apple pie for breakfast

(at least etymologically)

(and for the record, as Lichaj is from the Chicago area, he qualifies as a Yankee under your definition... ;) )

It really annoys me how ALL Americans all refered to as Yanks.

(and for the record, as Lichaj is from the Chicago area, he qualifies as a Yankee under your definition... ;) )

Don't be wrong when Levi's about, he's like a **** hawk.

Â