Eric Lichaj

Rob182

• 2 weeks later...

Eric played last night for the Americans against Guadeloupe. He played really well IMO, albeit against lower competition. I think he looked better than any other American player out there: he played very physically and provided some good attacking play on the overlap. Our national side has been playing quite poorly as of late, but it was nice to see Eric get out there and look impressive.

Eric played last night for the Americans against Guadeloupe. He played really well IMO, albeit against lower competition. I think he looked better than any other American player out there: he played very physically and provided some good attacking play on the overlap. Our national side has been playing quite poorly as of late, but it was nice to see Eric get out there and look impressive.

Yeah, admittedly it was Guadeloupe but I thought Eric had a really great game. Played at LB as well, a position he played regularly last year on loan at Leeds.

• 2 weeks later...

Eric Lichaj has looked very good at LB for the USA. He went up against a pretty good Mexican team and none of the goals came from his side. He shut down mexico's left hand side to a point where they could only get their attack going on their right. I am very excited about this kid's future. He looks like a good RB/LB

Really? I thought he played crap against Mexico! I've never rated him from what I've seen of him for Villa/USA/Leeds. I know a couple of season ticket holders at Elland Road and they said they were not impressed with him either.

Really? I thought he played crap against Mexico! I've never rated him from what I've seen of him for Villa/USA/Leeds. I know a couple of season ticket holders at Elland Road and they said they were not impressed with him either.

lol were we watching the same game? No attacks came down his side. Everytime Mexico tried to attack down his side, nothing came from it. All 4 goals came from the other side. Lichaj wore his heart on his sleeve today and gave it his all. He has such determination today. I thought he was the Man of the match..

As a US fan, he was one of the brighter spots of a lackluster Gold Cup. The defense was obviously terrible in the final, but I didn't really think Lichaj did anything to stand out one way or the other. Not sure he's good enough at left-footed crossing to stick at LB though.

lol were we watching the same game? No attacks came down his side. Everytime Mexico tried to attack down his side, nothing came from it. All 4 goals came from the other side. Lichaj wore his heart on his sleeve today and gave it his all. He has such determination today. I thought he was the Man of the match..

I like the look of Lichaj. Wears his heart on his sleeve as you say. He's had one bad game for us: against Man City. It would be a risk to have him as one of our full backs this season, but I'd take that risk if we could spend the money to get a Laursen-like CB (not easy to find, but do your stuff Big Eck). I'd also like to see us using Lichaj's long throw to good effect for a change.

Anyone else have feedback from Leeds fans? My impression was that he was very well liked there, judging partly from his scores on the Skysports player rater fwiw.

Isn't Lichaj 23 now? No way is he going to make it at Villa. He should have made a bigger impression by now. Will do alright in the championship or MLS i'm sure.

He is 22 and he has only gotten a few chances. Holden was 24 when he showed that he was quality. Dempsey was even older. Maybe Americans take longer to prove their worth?

Isn't Lichaj 23 now? No way is he going to make it at Villa. He should have made a bigger impression by now. Will do alright in the championship or MLS i'm sure.

Took a bit of a different path as he started out at an American college for one year. I don't think his failure to break through is a total indictment yet, but his time at Villa is probably running out if he can't break into the side soon. Would like to see him get a shot at Premier League football, though, even if he's not a top half player.

Anyone watching the US/Mex game with an objective eye would tell you that Lichaj was not the problem on defense. Cherundulo going down in the 12th minute and being subbed out for the pitiful Jonathon Bornstein was the main problem. Once Bornstein came in, Mexico bullrushed his side of the field, Bocanegra and Goodson were exposed for being too damn slow in the center (sorry, it's 'centre' over there, isn't it?), and Bob Bradley foolishly decided to continue to try and match the Mexicans' speed.

Lichaj may have looked lost at times, but who could blame him? He was a lone matador in a ring full of bulls.

I like the look of Lichaj. Wears his heart on his sleeve as you say. He's had one bad game for us: against Man City. It would be a risk to have him as one of our full backs this season, but I'd take that risk if we could spend the money to get a Laursen-like CB (not easy to find, but do your stuff Big Eck). I'd also like to see us using Lichaj's long throw to good effect for a change.

Anyone else have feedback from Leeds fans? My impression was that he was very well liked there, judging partly from his scores on the Skysports player rater fwiw.

Leed's coach was asked a few questions about Lichaj and he highly praised Lichaj. What really stuck with me was what one of the things the manager said. He said that if we don't plan to use Lichaj, then he'd gladly drive up here and help move lichaj's stuff so he could have him playing for Leeds again.

Lichaj was great for Leeds from what I heard. A lot of USA fans watched the games to see Lichaj and I heard a lot of positive reviews. Plus the fans loved him.

Â