Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staunton on SSN said he has had no contact from AV about being a coach.

Can't say I'm disappointed. Living in Darlington, I know first hand he's no where near as good a coach as he was a left back.

Also goes to show what utter shite the the media report.

Apart from managing Lyon successfully of course.

I'd wager most premiership managers in the UK today could manage to do well i the French league. I don't expect the reverse is true.

Theres some severe claret and blue specs on tonight on this board. Honestly, speak to neutrals, most I'm talking to are pissing themselves laughing at this appointment.

I'm surrounded by neutrals and not one has shown any evidence of soiling themselves. They all think it's a good appointment, particularly given the lack of other realistic candidates.

Just a question, why does everybody hate Steve Staunton?

....i don't, can't think of a villa player, that i have ever hated....then again i don't do hate.....its a burden.

In Jan, if we can get a strong recognised holding midfielder and a striker, we will be laughing IMO.

Nobody does shopping in Jan and if you do you get ripped off. It'll be summer before he gets to work signing players.

Apart from managing Lyon successfully of course.

I'd wager most premiership managers in the UK today could manage to do well i the French league. I don't expect the reverse is true.

Theres some severe claret and blue specs on tonight on this board. Honestly, speak to neutrals, most I'm talking to are pissing themselves laughing at this appointment.

Most of the lads I work with (mostly Everton and Liverpool fans) think he'll do a good job.

I thought they were all inbred Manx lunatics with 6 toes? :winkold:

....i don't, can't think of a villa player, that i have ever hated....then again i don't do hate.....its a burden.

as an irish football fan i can see why people hate him, he was made a mockery of in the irish media and his results didnt help him.... great player, but keep it to that please

Stan Staunton is a legend, best left back we've had in the last 20 years, really nice bloke as well, still lives in the Midlands. I'd welcome him in some sort of coaching capacity, he must have some coaching ability or else teams wouldn't keep hiring him with what is a pretty terrible managerial record!

Sky should concentrate on paying me my winnings instead of reading out fecking emails :)

Where was my text this time, the last tip you gave me for the sunderland job went in the bookies pocket :D

In Jan, if we can get a strong recognised holding midfielder and a striker, we will be laughing IMO.

Nobody does shopping in Jan and if you do you get ripped off. It'll be summer before he gets to work signing players.

It depends where you get them from I suppose. An up and coming Makalele or Diarra would be good.

Staunton was the best left back I've seen at Villa in more than 30 years that I've watched the Villa. Played nearly 400 games for us and gave us 10 years service. Yeah he broke his service, but he came back and gave us his all again. Good Villa man and a top player.