Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh Houllier seems to be the best of a bad bunch for me. I think he has something about him to do well there, then again he could also fail badly, we will see. I have no issue with him but I really hope he doesn't bring Thompson with him.

Meh Houllier seems to be the best of a bad bunch for me. I think he has something about him to do well there, then again he could also fail badly, we will see. I have no issue with him but I really hope he doesn't bring Thompson with him.

Stick your neck on the line why don't you! :winkold:

I've completely come round on this appointment. I was seriously underwhelmed but now it looks like a done deal I'm not sure why I ever felt that way.

I disagree that he's the best of a bad bunch, the more I read about him I think he could have a deep and lasting impact on the whole club, bringing about a more realistic and dynamic approach to bringing in new players and I'm now convinced that we can't get anybody better.

Good work Randy.

Houllier is the most successfull manager we will have appointed in a very long time.

Some fans completely deluded and downright moronic comments are pathetic and embarassing for the club. We can not attract a higher calibre of manager and should be greatful we have a manager who has consistently won things.

Yes he made some bad signings... But compare, Beye, Salifou, Sidwell, Heskey, Agathe etc etc. Look at Benitez, how many absolute duds did he buy?

Houliers bad buys you could realistically count on one hand.

All the whingers about Houllier, wake up, grow up and support your football team and board who have tried nothing but their hardest for Aston Villa.

UP THE VILLA and let's look forward to seeing what Houllier can do.

Spot on!!!

Very welcome Houllier.

Shame about Thompson - I think he would have been a greatly beneficial addition

So would I. I actually thought that was the best of part of the Houllier appointment..

Surprised no one has really mentioned what was on SSN a second ago.

They said that whilst Houllier WOULD be going to Villa, Phil Thompson would NOT be coming.

So he resigned from Sky for nothing?

Do you think it was all some sort of practical joke played on him? Stelling ringing him up and putting on a fake french accent, perhaps, "Oh, Phil, would you like to come back in to management with me at Villa? Okay you are in but you need to resign from Sky first."

Shame about Thompson - I think he would have been a greatly beneficial addition

So would I. I actually thought that was the best of part of the Houllier appointment..

I agree, Thompson would be good to have barking orders to the players. If we were to get Houllier I think we should have got him too. Just because he was paid to express his opinion on Sky Sports doesn't mean he would be bad as an assistant manager.

Surprised no one has really mentioned what was on SSN a second ago.

They said that whilst Houllier WOULD be going to Villa, Phil Thompson would NOT be coming.

So he resigned from Sky for nothing?

Do you think it was all some sort of practical joke played on him? Stelling ringing him up and putting on a fake french accent, perhaps, "Oh, Phil, would you like to come back in to management with me at Villa? Okay you are in but you need to resign from Sky first."

I think he's taking Jeff's spot on countdown.