Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Cant beleive people slating Houllier here.

Teh reason his youth policy failed at Liverpool was simple. Wenger had all scouts in France take all best talent before Houllier could. Houllier gave youth a chance adn if not good enough moved tehm on liek Stephen Wright

Its a lot better youth policy than MON. how many youth players came through or given a chance in 4 years under him? Gabby thats it.

Why are people so caught up with youth policy? Honestly nobody bring through players unless they're Arsenal or broke.

Also we have a good youth policy, we brings through players and sell them to inferior clubs like Blues and Bolton.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And for every diao, diouf and cheyrou theres a knight, harewood, jeffers, richard

wright, kleberson, senderos, cygan, josemi, shevchenko

Seriously what was wrong with Knight? He was brought in to do a job and did it well enough. We then sold him for a profit. I can't see how people consider Knight such a failure.

maybe switch Davies for Knight

What so the League Cup and numerous Scottish titles don't count as real trophies?

Scottish titles?! Bwahahaha!

Like I said - real trophies.

Ok then, what about the League cups he won?

I think the general point is that O'neill is regarded as a top, top class manager without actually winning trophies of any genuine significance, like european trophies, international trophies and league titles in hard, competetive leagues.

How's he supposed to win meaningful trophies with Leicster and Villa ?? We were relegation fodder when he took over and every season he was here he overachieved in the League. He did btter than every pre season poll expected on here. He along with Lerner rebuilt this club,

He broke Rangers dominance at Celtic and the team he left went on to win 3 leagues in a row. He made 3 cup finals with Leicster. He has been successful at his last 3 clubs. Never did he leave a club as a failure.

never left a club as a failure, he left ours as a twa t

That Phil McNulty aricle certainly paints a positive picture of Houllier.

His managerial record certainly stands up against any of our past managers. I'd suggest those against the appointment at least give the guy a fair crack of the whip.

Do you think people are not going to support our manager? Has anyone at all in this thread said that?

What so the League Cup and numerous Scottish titles don't count as real trophies?

Scottish titles?! Bwahahaha!

Like I said - real trophies.

Ok then, what about the League cups he won?

I think the general point is that O'neill is regarded as a top, top class manager without actually winning trophies of any genuine significance, like european trophies, international trophies and league titles in hard, competetive leagues.

How's he supposed to win meaningful trophies with Leicster and Villa ?? We were relegation fodder when he took over and every season he was here he overachieved in the League. He did btter than every pre season poll expected on here. He along with Lerner rebuilt this club,

He broke Rangers dominance at Celtic and the team he left went on to win 3 leagues in a row. He made 3 cup finals with Leicster. He has been successful at his last 3 clubs. Never did he leave a club as a failure.

Didnt exactly leave Norwich as a glowing success

I really don't care if you think he was a clearing in the woods, he was a success for this club. Plain and simple and his time here will be viewed as such. Especially outside the twisted opinions of eternally bitter fans.

Villa fans baffle me at times.

Who were people expecting? José Mourinho? We’ve never appointed a more successful manager than Gérard Houllier and there’s literally nobody with a better CV who we could attract – in or out of work. Jol got fired by Spurs as they’d failed to meet their goals, same with Hughes. Goals that were the same as ours.

It seems to me that a lot of this comes down to bragging rights amongst fellow fans. We wanted Hitzfeld or Koeman or Klinsmann because it’s something shiny and new that nobody else in the Prem has had. Liverpool's former boss Houllier? It’s like going out with one of your mates’ exes.

People are moaning that he sold Carew. Yep, he signed him in the first place too. They’re moaning that he signed Heskey. Yep, Heskey scored more goals under Houllier than the rest of his career put together (a guess but likely true).

Played boring football did he? What? Worse than Spain have for the last 4 years? Or Villa for that matter.

If he signs the type of crap players he did at Liverpool and the team perform as badly as his did there I'm looking forward to seeing strikers score over 20 goals per season, more trophies than we've won in the last 30 years and the majority of his players go on to win the Champions League within months of him departing VP.

Worth a bump, fine read.

That Phil McNulty aricle certainly paints a positive picture of Houllier.

His managerial record certainly stands up against any of our past managers. I'd suggest those against the appointment at least give the guy a fair crack of the whip.

Where is Mark, give him back!

;)

I really don't care if you think he was a clearing in the woods, he was a success for this club. Plain and simple and his time here will be viewed as such. Especially outside the twisted opinions of eternally bitter fans.

he wont go down as a great Villa manager as he never won anything for the club and in 50 years will just be a footnote like DOL

And for every diao, diouf and cheyrou theres a knight, harewood, jeffers, richard

wright, kleberson, senderos, cygan, josemi, shevchenko

Seriously what was wrong with Knight? He was brought in to do a job and did it well enough. We then sold him for a profit. I can't see how people consider Knight such a failure.

maybe switch Davies for Knight

I do love how people used O'Neills no playing of Davies as a reason to slag him off, then when Davies has a few shockers this season they switch it to Davies was a rubbish signing. Davies was good when played with a dominant defensive partner like Laursen up until his injury this time last year. Who knows maybe he'll regain form he showed at times, he's still young.

But there's **** all wrong with his transfer policy. Granted, cheyrou and diao are turkeys but kewell was being chased by man utd and arsenal and diouf

diouf was one of the stars of the 2002 world cup. Every manager has purchased the odd duffer. Look at the shit our previous manager wasted money on.

he wont go down as a great Villa manager as he never won anything for the club and in 50 years will just be a footnote like DOL

The fact you compare him to DOL is a dsgrace. You are such a bitter petty person.

O'Neill fixed what was broken by DOL. We should all remember that.

Houllier is the most successfull manager we will have appointed in a very long time.

Some fans completely deluded and downright moronic comments are pathetic and embarassing for the club. We can not attract a higher calibre of manager and should be greatful we have a manager who has consistently won things.

Yes he made some bad signings... But compare, Beye, Salifou, Sidwell, Heskey, Agathe etc etc. Look at Benitez, how many absolute duds did he buy?

Houliers bad buys you could realistically count on one hand.

All the whingers about Houllier, wake up, grow up and support your football team and board who have tried nothing but their hardest for Aston Villa.

UP THE VILLA and let's look forward to seeing what Houllier can do.

But there's **** all wrong with his transfer policy. Granted, cheyrou and diao are turkeys but kewell was being chased by man utd and arsenal and diouf

diouf was one of the stars of the 2002 world cup. Every manager has purchased the odd duffer. Look at the shit our previous manager wasted money on.

I need to avoid this message board. People's opinions are so completely bonkers it has me pulling my hair out. So now O'Neill's signings were terrible? Despite our entire first team bar Gabby being his signings. For what 60mil net? He built our squd for 60mil and he was shit at signing players???

Why are peoples opinions of O'Neill twisted by the manner of his departure? He was shit because he left. Oh grow up you lot.

Surprised no one has really mentioned what was on SSN a second ago.

They said that whilst Houllier WOULD be going to Villa, Phil Thompson would NOT be coming. For all the people that didn't want him and were ranting and raving over his bias toward the red half of Merseyside, I thought that a lot more people would be delighted by this!