Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

i hope Randy wasn't hopping for bums on seats style football with this one,what a shite appointment this is,some on here are happy with the appointment fair enough,but this will end bad forget top 6 or even 8 imo

Our manager walked out with 5 days to go before the season opener, we sold our best player to Man City in the summer transfer window... I don't think we were going to get top 6 again no matter who came in, there's always an adjustment period. It's been said time and time again, if people don't want to come to the job, what else can you do? Moyes clearly wasn't an option, Jol is in the CL, Hitzfeld is probably too busy concentrating on the Euros and again probably does not want to come. You can't make people come to your club unless you are a top top team and Villa are no Man Utd or Chelsea, I hate to break it to some of you.

Truth is no-one has a clue where we will finish or what sort of style Houllier will implement when/if he does take over.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what else fans expect the Board to do, All the good Managers are in jobs, they clearly would not be prepared to just uproot and move to Villa Park like many folk thought that they would.

It was either a Houllier type appointment or a Manager from the Championship. Give the guy a chance if it fails nobody will suffer more than Randy & the Board & they know it.

"If plan A fails, revert to plan A" is a bit of a summary of the O'Neill years for me and they share a similar brand of football which means more of the same if indeed he gets the job. At least it should mean our players fit his style which means we don't have to start all over again.

get a grip on things,have you seen the shite style that liverpool played under him.same old fans that settle for second **** best.this will end in shite this appointment will..
They won the treble. 'Nuff said.

They won three cups, they did not win the treble [/pedant]

Wonder what the rest of the Premier League makes of this appointment?

Hardly inspiring is it?

I couldn't give a **** what they think to be honest.

Agreed. Besides, it's not like many of them support clubs whose managers have won anywhere near as much silverware as Houllier has.

i hope Randy wasn't hopping for bums on seats style football with this one,what a shite appointment this is,some on here are happy with the appointment fair enough,but this will end bad forget top 6 or even 8 imo

Our manager walked out with 5 days to go before the season opener, we sold our best player to Man City in the summer transfer window... I don't think we were going to get top 6 again no matter who came in, there's always an adjustment period. It's been said time and time again, if people don't want to come to the job, what else can you do? Moyes clearly wasn't an option, Jol is in the CL, Hitzfeld is probably too busy concentrating on the Euros and again probably does not want to come. You can't make people come to your club unless you are a top top team and Villa are no Man Utd or Chelsea, I hate to break it to some of you.

Truth is no-one has a clue where we will finish or what sort of style Houllier will implement when/if he does take over.

i'd much rather us get someone like Lambert from the Championship than this **** clown,why cant we be the team for a change that takes a gamble on a young up and coming manager.

Hardly inspiring is it?

i'd say they are all pissing themselfs laughing,from what i have heard from other fans they think we are a joke.

Does it bother you what other teams fans think?

Hardly inspiring is it?

i'd say they are all pissing themselfs laughing,from what i have heard from other fans they think we are a joke.

probably because they know we are slagging him off already

i'd much rather us get someone like Lambert from the Championship than this **** clown,why cant we be the team for a change that takes a gamble on a young up and coming manager.

What like Martinez, Paul Ince or Paul Sturrock?

Its easy to talk about David Moyes but the truth is that for every success there are probably 5 failures.

I think it's an interesting one. I'm neither elated nor disappointed, time wil tell obviously as to the overall merit of the decision but I certainly think we can and should try to look at this positively and get behind the new manager, let's get some more bums on seats at VP and start moving on as a club again.

Hardly inspiring is it?

Does it bother you what other teams fans think?

no,but im just telling the truth,from why i have heard..

Hardly inspiring is it?

I don't think it matters one bit what other fans think or say. We can do our talking by winning football matches, and Houllier will get us doing this. Who gives a shite if we're being laughed at. The majority of fans are pleased with the appointment and realise he's possibly the best candidate there was, however, there is simply no pleasing everybody is there.

Hardly inspiring is it?

I couldn't give a **** what they think to be honest.

Well said. :)

X2