Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of points:

I think all this talk of a 'player revolt' in the media (well all three of them!) is typical media bollox. With regard to Warnock and Freidal this happened a minimum of 6 years ago and we nor the media know anything about the circumstances. Just a suggestion but Warnock was at the start of his career and it may have been thought good for him to get games under his belt on loan. Just like Gabby, Bannon, Cahill, etc at Villa.

As for Carew, again we know none of the background. Carew may not have been happy at Lyon for a variety of reason assuming he was unhappy. Houllier may have just wanted Baros and Carew was who Villa asked for in return. A good call by MON?Again its all speculation.

Secondly it appears possible based on the oh so reliable media that Houllier may be our next manager possibly in conjunction with KM and already the knives are out! We would be appointing a proven foreign coach who no doubt has connections and the kudos to attract very good foreign players. These were things that MON lacked and boy did fans moan about that! Possibly then throw KM into the mix who clearly has the respect and trust of the player and the club and maybe just maybe we have a winning combination?

Given the care the club is taking over the appointment I think we should trust the process and avoid knee jerk reactions.

Given the care the club is taking over the appointment I think we should trust the process and avoid knee jerk reactions

Interesting.

I have seen this type of thing posted, that the club are taking care, or being thorough or making sure they leave no stone unturned etc etc etc

I personally do not believe that.

I just think they sre struggling to get anyone decent for not much money and are trying to make the best of a bad thing.

My concerns over Houllier/Macdonald/Staunton are not diminishing

Given the care the club is taking over the appointment I think we should trust the process and avoid knee jerk reactions

Interesting.

I have seen this type of thing posted, that the club are taking care, or being thorough or making sure they leave no stone unturned etc etc etc

I just think they sre struggling to get anyone decent for not much money and are trying to make the best of a bad thing.

That's increasingly my take on it as well Richard.

Interesting.

this would also be my opinion,if the likes of Foullier,Macdonald,Staunton are all we can bring in,then times are really bad..with these managing and coaching imo we'll be lucky to be in the top half of the table come christmas..

The thing that puts me ill at ease is the effort to crowbar macdonald into the job even though he has no experience and has showed a distinct lack of tactical awareness to the extent of giving him a babysitter in Houllier, almost as if they've tried to shape macdonald into the statements they've made.

Whatever is announced in the coming week, I expect that it'll change in May again.

Yes I too think it will change again in May and I only hope that our stock has not fallen so far that the level of manager we could attract then is actually worse than the list now

Interesting.

Or are they allowing all manner of names to be thrown in the hat in order to force 'someones' arm?

If so, that might backfire on us big time?

if it is to be Houllier then why hasnt he been appointed yet? hes available, weve spoken with him, nothing is to be gained by waiting. The longer this goes on it either suggests hes turned us down or we dont really want him. IMO

Maybe he wants to talk it over with KMacD's girlfriend? :)

if it is to be Houllier then why hasnt he been appointed yet? hes available, weve spoken with him, nothing is to be gained by waiting. The longer this goes on it either suggests hes turned us down or we dont really want him. IMO

Maybe he wants to talk it over with KMacD's girlfriend? :)

I reckon Mac's girlfriend should be DoF, she seems to make a lot of decisions for him so why not get her on the pay roll as well. :lol:

Houllier as full time manager isn't so bad, I can accept this appointment.

I, on the other hand, cannot.

If they appoint him you have to live with it, sure you can voice your opinion, but it's Randy who decides at the end of the day.

So what would you do? Stop supporting AV?

Interesting.

That's increasingly my take on it as well Richard.

Thats where I'm at as well.

And I maintain the DoF will be a disaster. Houllier will just end up in the dug out, especially given his nature as a bloke, if we thought MON was a control freak, Houllier is infamous for it. He may start in the background but he'll either leave the club or be in the dugout sooner or later.

And neither eventuality will be good for us, as the flaws with both MacDonald and Houllier illustrate.

It's a sad state of affairs that we're left banking on freebies. That shouldn't be the case.

I don't think Houllier would be a bad appointment at all. He fits the criteria that will bring stability and hopefully push us on. I really dont know what most of you expect?

Keep banging on about Jol and Moyes... but they're quite clearly not realistic targets.