Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt,Getting to the final was kinda "what it says on the tin" when you look at the opposition we faced to get there..Im sure we were the bookies fav in every round for each tie..

However upon reaching the final we were,for the 1st time in the competition the underdogs..And we lost! So unfortunately I cant put MON into the same catorgory as both Saunders and Atkinson whom both beat the favourable odds! Where has MON done that? Im sure we were favs for 4th at one stage and still finished 6th..Thats not exceding the expectation!

I'm hoping all this Houllier talk is just a smokescreen & Randy is gonna produce a real nugget like Klinsman or Hiddink.

I don't think the fans will be over joyed with Houllier if that's how it turns out.

Someone said a few pages back that Houllier could just be plan B. Makes sense if you ask me.

Warnock was signed by Houiller as a kid i think, it was Benitez that let him go, so i dont think he will have any feelings towards him.

Academy player, would more than likely have been a Roy Evans signing as such, he became a full time pro player in 1998, when both were in charge. Its fairly safe to assume that Evans was in charge of that one given that he was the Liverpool man

I'm hoping all this Houllier talk is just a smokescreen & Randy is gonna produce a real nugget like Klinsman or Hiddink.

I don't think the fans will be over joyed with Houllier if that's how it turns out.

Someone said a few pages back that Houllier could just be plan B. Makes sense if you ask me.

I pray to God you're right Mantis.

Does this mean you are also a PRAYING Mantis too? :lol:

Good one :detect:

The Bookmakers must be making an absolute killing on this one ever since MON walked.

There must be loads of mug punters out there who lumped on huge wedges on Moyes, Hughes, Klinsmann, Hitzfeld, et al

Anybody crying in their beer yet?

I bet £20 on KMac early on when he was at 7.1 (about 6/1), then laid £100 against him after the Rapid draw at 3.92 (about 3/1), then backed him again (£20 at 8.5 ( 15/2)) after the rapid loss, then laid £80 against him when he declared his interest in the job at 2.15 (about evens!).

I think I stand to make about £130 if he gets the job and £100 if he doesn't...

*waits for skynet/levi to point out glaring error*

I bet £20 on KMac early on when he was at 7.1 (about 6/1), then laid £100 against him after the Rapid draw at 3.92 (about 3/1), then backed him again (£20 at 8.5 ( 15/2)) after the rapid loss, then laid £80 against him when he declared his interest in the job at 2.15 (about evens!).

Did you lay £100 at 3/1 (your liabilities therefore being £400)?

Good one :detect:

Ha, I bet you're so sick of that joke by now :P

As for Houllier being plan B, wishful thinking I reckon. The media are pretty good at sniffing stuff out, I can't see them finding out "Plan B" and reporting it so heavily when there's nothing about a Plan A like a Klinsman or a Hitzfeld. Not that I'm not wishfully thinking the same way of course.

Everyone here seems to be going about the past... he signed these guys back when he was at Liverpool... did this and that at Lyon... fact is, you don't get to be successful in any industry without having the capacity to learn and adapt. I'd be surprised if Houllier hadn't learned from past mistakes and gotten a little wiser in his years since he last managed a team properly. I'm not saying it's unwise to consider the past and look for patterns, but it seems like people are condemning every person we've been linked to due to these things... focusing too much on the negatives.

Perhaps we should have a little faith. We should save the bitching for when (hopefully if) whoever comes in screws up royally.

No my liability was £100, so I stood to win about £35.

True, but they were only really linking him strongly, Houllier has got the job as far as the papers are concerned it would seem. Not saying it's true, although the fact he refused to comment about us, well that always smells a bit fishy. If there wasn't something going then he would just deny it straight away wouldn't he?

True, but they were only really linking him strongly, Houllier has got the job as far as the papers are concerned it would seem. Not saying it's true, although the fact he refused to comment about us, well that always smells a bit fishy. If there wasn't something going then he would just deny it straight away wouldn't he?
Maybe Randy's interviewed him but at the same time he's also trying to get someone like Klinsmann?

Maybe Randy's interviewed him but at the same time he's also trying to get someone like Klinsmann?

Maybe... who knows? Well except for the people involved. I'm just saying, if they got wind of Houllier and everyone is reporting on him as much as they are then you'd think there would be as much coverage of another option. Maybe not though, maybe the other contenders, if they exist, are just a lot better at hiding stuff from the media.

I'm sure if you check your settings in betfair options it will display your profit / loss for the market.

Not at 3.92, surely? That would be just over £25.

And standing up a liability of £80 at about evens would mean that you could win £40.

Wouldn't that mean, therefore, that your possible outcomes were:

Allowing for the alcohol:

If it's KMac:

You win £140

You lose £100

You win £150

You lose £80

Nett £110

If it isn't KMac:

You lose £20

You win £25

You lose £20

You win £40

Nett £25

Either way you'd win (though is a minimum 6.8% ROI acceptable?).

p.s. snowy accepts no responsibility for getting his arse and his elbow mixed up. Your investment as well as your interest in this particular tangent of the thread may go up as well as down. Yadda yadda yadda.