Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we cant get Moyes or Jol why not wait? Stick with Kevin for the time being and use the season to blood in the youth and save a few pennies...Then maybe look at the end of the season and see how things lie? Im sure a squad full of young players with experiance,mixed with a nice transfer kitty would be more appealing to a manager like Moyes?

Its like the people say.The timing has been against us.Why would Moyes want to take over when the season has started and transfer window closed?

Get Moyes forget the rest....

That's easy to type, but what do you do if Everton won't even entertain the idea of letting him go?

Everyone has a price and Everton are skint. Randy sould flex some muscle like the other sugar daddies do.

What if Moyes doesn't want to leave?

Then he should firmly dismiss all the speculation. I don't once recall him stating "He will not be leaving Everton for Aston Villa" Surely that question must have been put to him this week when he was made favorite for a day or two ?

"I am happy at Everton; I have always said that," Moyes told the club's website.

"I am at a really good club and this season we have a really good chance and this is where I will be this season."

http://www.setanta.com/africa/Articles/2010/08/11/Huge-boost-for-Toffees/gnid-74525/

I think this was all said before Villa showed serious interest.

It would be even more suspicious if he ruled himself out every time a rumour about him sprung up. He's said he wants to stay at Everton once already, I doubt he feels he has to keep making statements to make sure everyone knows he hasn't changed his mind since the last time.

David Moyes would be barmy to leave Everton for Villa. Some fans really need to open their eyes to reality.

Based on what logic ?

He's at a club of similar stature and has been for 7/8 years (I think) and has pretty much hit the glass ceiling with them now.

The only way they will go further is with a big cash push which we know they havent got.

The one thing we can offer him that they can't is a billionaire owner. Whether Randy would give him the funds to take US through that glass ceiling who knows ?

But he sure as hell isn't ever going to get the funds to do it at Everton and i'm sure he knows that too. He's effectively just treading water every season now. At some point you need to take a new challenge just for your own sake.

He can hang on in in the vain hope he'll be offered the Man Utd job one day but thats one hell of a gamble. And none of the other 'BIG 4' are likely to come knocking anytime soon are they ?

Which leave us

If we cant get Moyes or Jol why not wait? Stick with Kevin for the time being and use the season to blood in the youth and save a few pennies...Then maybe look at the end of the season and see how things lie? Im sure a squad full of young players with experiance,mixed with a nice transfer kitty would be more appealing to a manager like Moyes?

Its like the people say.The timing has been against us.Why would Moyes want to take over when the season has started and transfer window closed?

Stick with Kevin, have a season where we could finish bottom half (or worse) and then try and entice a manager like Moyes from that position ?

Not likely is it!

If we stick with Kevin, we've also got to get a bloody move on and employ a whole host of new staff pronto

If our selling point to Moyes is that we have more financial firepower than Everton, then this is a really bad time to approach him; after being forced to sell our best player because another team threw so much money at us..

Everton managed to tie Arteta to a new contract despite offers of more money from elsewhere.. so on that logic Everton are actually quite a bit ahead of us.

Everton fans will certainly see it that way anyway, even if we don't.

If our selling point to Moyes is that we have more financial firepower than Everton, then this is a really bad time to approach him; after being forced to sell our best player because another team threw so much money at us..

Everton managed to tie Arteta to a new contract despite offers of more money from elsewhere.. so on that logic Everton are actually quite a bit ahead of us.

Everton fans will certainly see it that way anyway, even if we don't.

Man City didnt try and buy Arteta though did they. They sold Lescott when a big enough bid came in, most clubs would. i still think if Milner had said he wanted to stay and wanted to sign a new contract we wouldnt have sold him for any price.

On a hunch - I don't reckon its Houlier. I reckon he was probably the last one to be interviewed - and various scenarios have been suggested, ie working alongside KMAC - or a coach of his choosing. I reckon Curbishley is more likley - but also reckon kmac will get a promotion whoever the new manager is.

David Moyes would be barmy to leave Everton for Villa. Some fans really need to open their eyes to reality.

Villa aren't a small club akin to the likes of Blackburn or Wigan - we're easily as big if not bigger than Everton, so why shouldn't we go out and get a manager from that club if we choose to?

We have to show some ambition in life.

Villa aren't a small club akin to the likes of Blackburn or Wigan - we're easily as big if not bigger than Everton, so why shouldn't we go out and get a manager from that club if we choose to?

They have to want to come as well...

Perhaps he does want to come?

Because he doesn't want to come, ffs.

So, what would make you choose to change job? More money? Better prospects? Chance to achieve more? It's all about finding the right person and selling them the job. Same with Milner, same with Moyes.

So, what would make you choose to change job? More money? Better prospects? Chance to achieve more? It's all about finding the right person and selling them the job. Same with Milner, same with Moyes.

How do you know we haven't done that?

We might have tried all that and he sees us as a sideways step or just loves living whoever he lives etc etc and nothing we can do....

Because he doesn't want to come, ffs.

That could well be true, but in reality you're guessing as much as I am.