Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I'm certain RL isn't just sat on his back side watching the world pass by and watching SSN thinking 'Hmmm... that Curbishley fella looks good, he'll do.' We all need to keep a little faith in the running of our club, as far as I'm aware they are doing a pretty good job apart from a few media myths. RL will get the best man for the job, and if we don't agree then we should give the appointed man time, and then judge if it all goes pear shaped.

As my sig says 'My glass is half full'.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the hype surrounding Sven. He won a few things at Lazio spending around £270 million in four years at a time where transfers aren't as over-inflated as todays prices. At Man City he spent around £30 million in a season at Citeh and got around 8th (can't really remember) which is decent but nothing wonderful with the money spent.

International wise he did ok for England but everytime we played a decent team, we went out. There was no mastermind behind his tactics (IMO) and he had a lot of good players in their prime at the time (who were overrated by the media). He had a poor time of it at Mexico and did nothing for the Ivory Coast. He brings with him a media circus and we would be a laughing stock with him in charge IMO.

I think Sven would not be able to work with or get the best out of any of our players we have here, or utilise them in the correct way.

He won the UEFA cup with IFK gothenburg..then he went to benfica and won the league twice with them..then he took over sampdoria and did very well with hardly any money at all to spend..i think it was his time in sampdoria that he really made his name as a brilliant manager.

Having said that..his latest journeys from mexico to ivory cost has made me lose a little respect for him and i rather have Moyes or Jol..but if we cant get any of those..Sven would be my choise.

Lets look at the evidence, he's abroad and judging by the generals post he is talking to an ex premiership manager.

Gerard Houlier is in England so it cant be him.

That leaves:

1 Martin Jol

2 Steve Mclaren

Any others ?

Papers say Svens already been interviewed.

Loads but not necessarily names you'd want to hear.

Zola, Vialli, Santini, Ramos, Tigana, Ranieiri, and Gullit.

And I'm sure I missed a few too.

He won the UEFA cup with IFK gothenburg..then he went to benfica and won the league twice with them..then he took over sampdoria and did very well with hardly any money at all to spend..i think it was his time in sampdoria that he really made his name as a brilliant manager.

Having said that..his latest journeys from mexico to ivory cost has made me lose a little respect for him and i rather have Moyes or Jol..but if we cant get any of those..Sven would be my choise.

Yes, but Andy Gray used to be a top class centre forward also. I wouldnt want him up there now mind

I want someone at the top of there game NOW not ten years ago

I wouldnt mind Ranieri to be honest, always rated him. The "Tinkerman"

ranieri would be a good appointment he was unlucky at chelski...

when will david platt get a big mention?? thought the mirror would have worked that connection in by now. not that any of us want platt as manager!

I presume thetrees has been told not to disclose everything he knows. By the club perhaps.

Not told by anyone at all

Quick question, thetrees. Why won't you reveal where he went? you normally withold info until he is in mid air or returned, so why not this time? what's changed?

I presume thetrees has been told not to disclose everything he knows. By the club perhaps.

Not told by anyone at all

Quick question, thetrees. Why won't you reveal where he went? you normally withold info until he is in mid air or returned, so why not this time? what's changed?

Good point.

I think that the intimation was there this morning and someone else (who may be ITK) named the destination.

I'm out of the loop for a few days now, so it should be sorted by my return :D