Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Klinsmann got sacked from Bayern for being a nutjob didn't he? Tried to transform the training systems, and the players couldn't stand him.

Eriksson delivered the title to Lazio, but only on the back of huge financial investment that ultimately crippled the club. Without funds, I doubt in Sven's ability to deliver. So that's a 'thank you for the offer mr banker, but no deal" from me.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a horrible feeling though that the next manager will not be a welcome one to many.

And to others it won't matter, they'll be happy just because MON has gone.

I supported MON, but I am very happy that he has gone.

The next manager will also receive my support, whoever is appointed.

Im just horrified at the calibre of most of the people being mentioned in the media, particularly Bob Bradley. I could do the job better myself, and my cat has a better European scouting network.

Exactly, the likes of Grayson and Sven and Bradley and so on being mentioned is just scary, I know I have Villa tinted glasses on, but I would have thought we could attract some better names than this...

Bob Bradley would be absolutely 100% the wrong man for the job, if he is appointed that I'll absolutely lose faith in Randy's ability to run a football club.

At the moment, there is only one candidate that would keep me happy and that's Martin Jol.

Jol or moyes are the only ones i'd have 100% faith in to keep us challenging for 4th place.

The rest would have my full support and may surprise me but i can't see the likes of curbs or bradley taking us the extra step that MON couldn't

Agreed, would anyone think Moyes would come here if he was given money to spend?...

A few foreign managers who have a decent track record and may be realistic.

Bert van Marwijk was linked with Liverpool, he's a possibility but I doubt he'd leave Holland. Most unrealistic in my eyes.

Javier Aguirre has just left Mexico, did an excellent job at Osasuna and then went to Atletico Madrid did a decent job, but had a bad patch and got sacked.

Fatih Terim has a fantastic track record throughout his career, rejected Newcastle in the past due to being the Turkish manager but he recently quit that role.

Manuel Pellegrini also has a great track record and was unlucky to be sacked as Real Madrid manager. Would we be a club that is an attractive option to him though, I don't know. I'm also not sure if he can speak English.