Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With a group of very similar managers (in stature) couldn't someone start a poll on this site (with no comments required) on who they'd LIKE to come to Villa - including all the current forerunners.

Say, Bradley, Sven, Curbs, Jol, Hughes, Southgate, Pearce and any of the other realistic names we've been linked to.

It'd be interesting to see who the fans want.

- Sven's a chequebook manager

- Bradley, Bilic, Pearce etc are blind shots in the dark if appointed.

- Curbs is a media myth, Charlton and West Ham shouldn't be enough to get a job at a top 8 club.

- Southgate - 1 club, 1 relegation.

- Mowbray - lol, looked out of his depth in prem.

- Hughes - wouldn't leave, would be too expensive to compensate Fulham anyway.

- Jol, is the only candidate with Upper Premier League experience. I guess the only obstacle if we want him is compensating Ajax.

- Coyle's achievments are about the same as Phil Browns, and nobody wants him... surely?!

Surely Jol is the only optimistic appointment?! All others make me feel sick at the prospect.

I wouldn't be particularly displeased if Bradley ends up at Villa. The US national team has been impressive for me in the Confed cup and the WC, looking well motivated despite a dearth of real quality. If he could similarly inspire some of our journeymen then it could minimise our potential plummet down the table. The only concern is having Villa become a wholly American owned and run franchise, both tactically and financially... something about that doesn't sit right with me.

Sven can sod off (but mercifully I doubt we could afford him anyhow).

I really do not want Sven, he has done nothing at any Club he has been or Country,

As much as I share the general sentiment towards not touching Eriksson with a barge-pole, I think Benfica and Lazio fans might strongly disagree with you there.

I wouldn't be particularly displeased if Bradley ends up at Villa. The US national team has been impressive for me in the Confed cup and the WC, looking well motivated despite a dearth of real quality. If he could similarly inspire some of our journeymen then it could minimise our potential plummet down the table. The only concern is having Villa become a wholly American owned and run franchise, both tactically and financially... something about that doesn't sit right with me.

Sven can sod off (but mercifully I doubt we could afford him anyhow).

Doesn't Bradley play a defensive style of football, I may be wrong but if true I wouldn't want to see that at VP.

Jol Moyes or Hiddink would get me excited again but I think all three would be difficult to land. Perhaps Jol is the most realistic but would need a big pay off to Ajax.

I have a bad feeling it will be a cheaper appointment though :(

No chance of us getting Moyes. Some of the names being mentioned are frightening - Bradley, Southgate, Sven, Curbishley will not keep us in the top 10 of the Premiership never mind top 6.

Martin Jol is the best manager we can realistically attract at the moment and that is a long shot. I have a horrible feeling though that the next manager will not be a welcome one to many.