Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

Are some of you guys really serious about wanting Bradley? That would be terrible. Not because he is American but because he would be way out of his depth. The MLS is basically league 1 at best and did he really do that great with US? They were lucky to draw against an awful England, were 2-0 down against Slovenia due to questionable selection and tactics (granted he switched things at half time), lucky against Algeria, poor against Ghana. I couldn't accept him as good enough for Villa. Klinsmann is probably the best of what is being mentioned and I'd be alright with Jol though why would Ajax let him leave for Villa if they wouldn't let him go to Fulham.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that is happy to see Kevin MacDonald in charge at the minute?

Granted, he's not a 'big-name' that will attract lots of players, but I feel that he could really do a job for us in the coming weeks. Knows the club, done brilliantly for the reserves who play a lot of good football and will not hesitate to give young players a chance ahead of first teamers if they are slacking. Not saying I want him there full-time, but I think he should be considered if he does well.

Granted, he's not a 'big-name' that will attract lots of players, but I feel that he could really do a job for us in the coming weeks. Knows the club, done brilliantly for the reserves who play a lot of good football and will not hesitate to give young players a chance ahead of first teamers if they are slacking. Not saying I want him there full-time, but I think he should be considered if he does well.

HERE HERE!

Its nice that he's got his chance but we need somebody in soon to get to work on the likes of ashley who may be thinking it is time to move on. And to make the decisions on who we sign and sell in the minimal time that is left of the window.

Shame it didnt happen a couple of weeks ago then it would have been fine for Mac to have his chance.

FOR NOW Kevin MacDonald is the right man for the job IMO. For the reasons mentioned above plus the fact that we don't want to rush into appointing anyone, and can wait for the right person to come along if necessary. If the current crop of youth players coming through are as good as everyone claims they are then surely he's the right man to nurture them into the first team to the best effect.

Obviously long term we'd need to get someone else in but he will do FOR NOW...

FOR NOW Kevin MacDonald is the right man for the job IMO. For the reasons mentioned above plus the fact that we don't want to rush into appointing anyone, and can wait for the right person to come along if necessary. If the current crop of youth players coming through are as good as everyone claims they are then surely he's the right man to nurture them into the first team to the best effect.

Obviously long term we'd need to get someone else in but he will do FOR NOW...