Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

someone already at the club, our reserve and youth staff are top notch. ridiculously optimistic shout: joachim lowe

Yes please, Loew would be brilliant but probably unobtainable.

My second choice would be Jol

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not going to be Sven (thank ****) because he likes money, lots, and we appear to have none.

It's not going to be Jol, because we won't pay the compensation, and besides, why would he come?

Why would anyone good come to a club that apparently has no money and a still flawed squad, or a chairman that appears keen to go over the managers head for that matter?

The reason Bradley is a good shout is because he is a similar type manager to Martin O'Neill in the motivation realm and player management field. He is always willing to change tactics and drops his bets players if he knows they're out of form, i.e. Onyewu and Davies during the world cup.

The downside to him taking over would be that in his club management span he has only worked within the mls where we don't have a proper transfer system, it's all done via a player draft and clubs don't own players the league does.

He would definitely put a shift in, but I can see where he'd be criticized.

McLeish??! I can't see that happening in a million years. For the backlash mainly.

That would be **** brilliant, just to see the knuckledragging scum's faces :-)

Make or break time for Lerner. At present I happen to think he's f*cked up big time with this one. There can only be one man deciding the ins and outs at a club when it comes to playing material, and that shouldn't be the owner.

He can make amends though by appointing someone truly excellent, however I don't think he has the knowhow and I don't think he's willing to spend the cash needed to do so. On the verge of losing faith, but I'll give him a chance to pull something extraordinary out of the hat.

Jol would be my favourite too. (Or Löw as someone said, but I don't think that's very likely).

That said, I have a feeling we'll end up with someone shit like Curbishley.

to me their is a few I would like e.g. Jol, Aguirre, Bilic or Pellegrini who would all jump at chance to come here. Wouldnt mind Moyes or Van Gaal but feel these are impossible.

I trust Randy and General to get the right guy

martin jol, martin jol, martin jol.

Said for the past couple of seasons he would be my man to take over from Mon, I really would like to see him down at the Villa.

I think we have the ideal team for someone like Jol to manage, he will always give the new talent a try if they are proving there worth. A very fair and good manager.

Maybe he aint given MON any cash to spend coz he has lost faith in him and has been negotiating his replacement for a while and only just got the green light. Maybe MON has known this and that is why he has come out with he is staying around to negotiate the handover. I trust Randy to know what he is doing he seems like an honest and upfront kinda guy and that might have been why MON has looked abit moody the past few interviews. As for who the replacement is well its gonna show if Randy still has the dream or not so lets hope its someone exciting its just hard to know who really. My choices would be Hiddink, Jol or Van Gaal.

Ideally I'd like Jol or Moyes, but not sure either is very likely.

I have a funny feeling we'll be surprised by the appointment, don't know if that's good or bad though!

Martin Jol?

He nearly joined Fulham because Ajax weren't giving him enough money, and because he was worried that his best players would be sold.

He stayed at Ajax, presumably because they agreed to his wishes.

Why would he then join a club that aren't giving the manager money, and are selling their best players?

I can't even think of a realistic manager who I would want. The closest I can get is a manager who is yet to be the finished article, and I think hiring him would be too soon, like Paul Ince was for Blackburn. But one I think could go on to be great. And that's Nigel Clough. But for the right here, right now, there is no one who would actually join that I would want.