Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think there will be no new manager from outside.

Kevin MacDonald.

I fear that Lerner and Krulak believes the youths are better than they actually are, and that they think Mac Donald can achieve top 10 finishes with balanced books.

Remember this quote from Krulak:

There have been some comments about youth and whether they can really be counted as "part of the team" and "part of the bright future." Let me mention a few lads who really can make a difference:

Defouneso: Striker...played for England U 19's and U 21's. Has seen action with the Villa. A real prospect.

Albrighton: Winger...can play on the right or the left. Had a strong pre-season and was just called up for the England U-21's.

Clark: Center back. Former England U-19 Captain. Played for first team in 2-0 win over Fulham last year. Calm and composed as a leader. Is left footed so can play on the left. Captain of the reserve team for past two years.

Weimann: Striker...18 year old Austrian. Scored twice against Walsall in pre-season. Again, a solid prospect.

Lichaj: Full back...can play right or left back. Strong and tough with a good long throw-in capability.

Lowry: Left or centre back. Played on the Australian Squad. On loan to Plymouth and Leeds last season.

Bannan: Midfielder...on loan to Blackpool last season. Very good skill. A little small but has good talent and a strong heart. I have nothing against small people!!!!

Parrish: Keeper who is another product of our Academy and can be superb with experience.

My point is simply this: We have some lads who are waiting in the wings and can be productive. Everyone has to start somewhere...our youth program is a great place to start and can help lead to the bright future.

I'm struggling to come up with anyone that genuinely excites me. I looked on some betting website and they have Jol, Bob Bradley, Sven, Bilic, and Curbishley as the favourites. Out of those I would have to say Jol but honestly I don't want any of them.

Someone dismissed it out of hand in the Mon Quits topic, but after hearing it mentioned and thinking about it, Bob Bradley is my choice, could potentially get us Donovan, his son and more. Top manager imo.

you may not like this but think about it for 5 mins..steve macclaren,hes just won the league in holland,knows the prem league,has something to prove to the english game,won a trophy with boro, yes he failed with england however every one fails with england so theirs no shame in that. their no way moyes would leave everton as hes the next united manager.

I like the Simon Grayson idea as a backup. If we got Bob Bradley we'd probably just end up with an American team and that would annoy me. Worse case scenario for me.

Joachim Lowe is a good shout but very optimistic. Available managers on the LMA site are pretty terrible. Gianfranco Zola OBE anybody? Curbishley? I honestly haven't got a clue who to go after. I suppose Martin Jol is a realistic shout.

For me it has to be Jol. Did very well at Spurs and got treated very badly by them. He'll have a point to prove in English football plus all the knowledge and experience from coaching in Germany and Holland.

Milner is gone and we are now in a dangerous situation where by we could lose more than just him... Jol should be a big enough name to convince our current crop to stay put, plus I would guess he'll have a few more ideas when it comes to bringing players in than MON ever showed.

you may not like this but think about it for 5 mins..steve macclaren,hes just won the league in holland,knows the prem league,has something to prove to the english game,won a trophy with boro, yes he failed with england however every one fails with england so theirs no shame in that. their no way moyes would leave everton as hes the next united manager.

don't think he speaks english anymore