Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

In a way, Houllier could be the right guy at the right time. He's not coming in with huge expectations of glory hoisted on him, so any successes or letdowns will be enjoyed and disliked in a more measured way than with MON.

He's wily, experienced, so I welcome it, they could have done a lot worse.

Can't wait for the Stoke game, I'm sure I'll be able to hear you guys through my television.

UTV

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think Sven is crap, you have a screw loose. His managerial record speaks for itself:

* Göteborg

o Svenska Cupen Winners 1979, 1982

o Allsvenskan Champions 1982

o UEFA Cup Winners 1982

* Benfica

o Portuguese Liga Champions 1983, 1984, 1991

o Cup of Portugal Winners 1983

o SuperCup Cândido de Oliveira Champions 1989

o European Cup Runners Up 1990

o UEFA Cup Runners Up 1983

* Roma

o Coppa Italia Winners 1986

* Sampdoria

o Coppa Italia Winners 1994

* Lazio

o Coppa Italia Winners 1998, 2000

o Italian Super Cup Winners 1998, 2000

o UEFA Cup Winners' Cup Winners 1999

o UEFA Super Cup Winners 1999

o Serie A Champions 2000

o UEFA Cup Runners Up 1998

* England

o FA Summer Tournament Winners 2004

The only time he didn't look any good was at Man City when he was working under that despotic Shinawatra (spl) and you can hardly blame him for that.

The only time he didn't look any good was at Man City when he was working under that despotic Shinawatra (spl) and you can hardly blame him for that.

I thought Sven did a good job at City. Got their highest ever premier league points total (at the time) and did the double over Man U. I'd have preferred Sven over Houllier to be honest.

I don't get all the people who write off Curbishley as crap either. Wouldn't be my first choice here, but the man did a brilliant job with Charlton. Followed that up with saving West Ham from relegation and got them top 10 the following year - no mean achievement. I don't see any negatives on his record really.

I can cope with the Houllier appointment, but I hope to god he doesn't bring Thompson with him. The man is Liverpool through and through and in the media he acts like he has some sort of personal grudge against Villa.

I'm only happy with Houllier if he brings in some French players. Sorry, but if we keep going English we'll keep running out of ideas like we have been. Can we please bring in some quality that has attractive flair, too? I'm still annoyed with what a waste of time Hadji spent with us.

All my mates here in the states are laughing at me...because I used to laugh at their Scouse-asses back when Houllier was fouling up at Annsfield. I loved looking at his big eyed frog face just staring at the pitch...and now I have to see him do it whilst gaffing Villa.

Ah well, Ribery would do nicely please.

I'm only happy with Houllier if he brings in some French players. Sorry, but if we keep going English we'll keep running out of ideas like we have been. Can we please bring in some quality that has attractive flair, too? I'm still annoyed with what a waste of time Hadji spent with us.

All my mates here in the states are laughing at me...because I used to laugh at their Scouse-asses back when Houllier was fouling up at Annsfield. I loved looking at his big eyed frog face just staring at the pitch...and now I have to see him do it whilst gaffing Villa.

Ah well, Ribery would do nicely please.

......don't worry, when our goal-tender completes his shut out on Monday and we win 3 to zip, I'm sure you'll be a lot happier.......

......don't worry, when our goal-tender completes his shut out on Monday and we win 3 to zip, I'm sure you'll be a lot happier.......

Ohh, I see what you did there.

Houllier is a very good appointment IMO.

6 cups in England, 5 in France. That's good going. The only trophies he failed to win were the League and Champions League.