Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like the sound of Donadoni. Well, more than I do of **** Curbishley.

However, looking at the Italian managers plying their trade in England (or were) I'm not convinced. Capello can't do anything right, Mancini can't even assemble a team with £300 mill and Zola, well he was just crap.

I can't see Donadoni wanting a DOF above him either.

As I've said since day 1, give it to Sven. Contract until the Summer, see what he can do. We won't get relegated - there is a lot of shit in the Prem these days - so what's the worst he could do? If we finish mid-table we can all blame MON, if we finish 7th,6th or 5th then we are bubbling along nicely but if somehow he got us into top 4, happy days all round! His record at club level is very good and he's the best of the bunch.

If we appoint Curbishley, it will be the biggest mistake since re-appointing Graham Taylor. Everyone harps on in the Media about 'ex-Villa star Curbishley' yet he only played 36 times for us, yet he 'knows' the club. Bollocks to that.

Sven, Moyes, Donadoni or DOF & MacDonald. In that order.

He refuses to buy Anelka and then buys Diouf lol!

a terrible decision with the benefit of hindsight. Diouf had just had a stormer at the world cup though

Nobody questions Wenger's transfer record but one thing to point out is he signed Jeffers for just shy of £10m and rejected the chance to sign Van Nistelrooy as he was 'overpriced'

K-Mac shouldn't be considered for the role, purely because he is clearly doing something brilliant with the reserves and I think shopping for a top backroom staff member is going to be another drawn out process.

Sven, Donadoni, Houllier, Curbs

That's my personal pref.

They have not made their minds up :!:

Is it from them 4 MM?

Sven, Houllier, Curbs, K Mac?

I honestly don't know who it is between but Sven was told before that is a no goer I just know they haven't decided as yet .

looking at the signs, then surely Houllier MUST be close

would he be manager or DOF?

If Roberto Danadoni wants the job then give it to him.

....preposterous....not a prayer........there is however, an outstanding candidate much closer to home......great man manager and motivator.....shrewd tactician.....great contacts at home and abroad.....well versed in the backroom/technical/medical side of the game.....sometimes vilified for the way his teams play, but sometimes you have to cut your cloth accordingly.......and would have a serious point to prove at a big club (plus his midfield wouldnt get walked through like ours did on Sunday)......I give you Sam Allardyce

Donadoni done well at Livorno and got more from Italy team than Lippi did. I would take him. He might speak English as he played in New York which is also a bonus

I'm confused by this statement. Didn't Lippi win the World Cup with Italy?