Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

There is no way that Hitzfeld is coming here, he would be insane to do that. Probably one of the best managers in Europe for the past 15 years.

Uber competetive men like challenges. Aston Villa in this current state of being is a big fat ass enourmous challenge.

Do it Randy! NOW.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago I started checking the odds on Hitzfeld, I found the Villa manager special on Skybet and Hitxfeld's name was not on their list, then 15 minutes later I go back and the page has been taken off. Oddschecker only have two bookies listed as taking bets and having looked at William Hill as well I could not find any book on the next Villa boss. Something is definitely going on, lets just hope the bookies haven't shot wide of the mark!

Don't they take it off on Odds checker after 11?

So we're getting excited because someone edited wiki and then robo or whoever posted a blog about it? I very much doubt it. I think Lerner was hoping we'd win tonight and get at least a point on Sunday so KM would have some backing. Now, who knows? Think they might have to fall back on Sven or Bradley myself.

all seems to stem from reports he was at the game tonight. If true - then thats why his odds have plumeted to as low as 6/1 - although he has since drifted slightly.

Not hopefull. and I m suddenley less excited about Curbishley and Pullis

petrov - "it'd be nice to know who the manager is" coming from your own clubs captain absolute disgrace

Where di he say that?

Midfielder Stilian Petrov was upset after Aston Villa crashed out of Europe with a 3-2 home defeat to Rapid Vienna.

Petrov missed a penalty in the game, but admitted that the team hadn't performed well enough from one to eleven to win the tie overall.

"We had enough chances to win the game but we couldn't put them in," Petrov said. "It's really unacceptable from us, we worked so hard last season to get into Europe and now we've blown it all today."

Petrov also revealed uncertainty over the managerial role at Villa Park was unsettling.

"It would be nice to know who'll be appointed," Petrov said. "We hope we know that as soon as possible."

clicky

So we're getting excited because someone edited wiki and then robo or whoever posted a blog about it? I very much doubt it. I think Lerner was hoping we'd win tonight and get at least a point on Sunday so KM would have some backing. Now, who knows? Think they might have to fall back on Sven or Bradley myself.
Stop cramping my buzz! :angry:

all seems to stem from reports he was at the game tonight. If true - then thats why his odds have plumeted to as low as 6/1 - although he has since drifted slightly.

Not hopefull. and I m suddenley less excited about Curbishley and Pullis

Who's reporting it exactly? Or has someone just made it up and then the rumour spread from there. As for the odds, they've plummeted because lots of people have heard the rumour and backed it. The bookies have just responded to protect themselves.

"It would be nice to know who'll be appointed," Petrov said. "We hope we know that as soon as possible."

This is Petrov saying either one of two things.

1. That the players don't believe it's Kev Mac's job, and are unsettled because of it; OR

2. The players think he might be given the job, and this is Petrov's message to the boss that that must not happen.