Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

I do think Jol would be perfect but an 8m+ pay off wouldn't be something we'd do, in my opinion. Plus he's happy there now as he's been given transfer funds. The only reason he was going to go to Fulham was because Ajax were selling all their best players and there were no transfer funds. Sound familiar?

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure I've read somewhere that Randy will get someone in within the next 10 days. A bold statement if true, considering most managers mentioned are at clubs already. Unless he has someone he knows and has been in regular contact with who he can speak freely with. without up setting anybody. ie Bob Bradley

I think we should stick with MacDonald until the right person is available. We will do more harm than good in rushing an appointment with a sub standard manager.

I agree.. unless we can get Jol.. lets go with Kev Mac & appoint a DOF for the time being.

Marcus Allback reckons he's very tough, typical British coach but a very good one...

I don't think we will get Jol and I agree it's tough to see who's out there we could get. I would prefer maintaining Macdonald for the season rather than rush into a Curbishley. We still have a fantastic squad of players, and at worst we'll still be in the top half come seasons end anyway. I'm not too worried, mostly excited about the unknown.

I'd like to see us go for a manager who encourages playing football. Someone like a Martinez from Wigan (although not necessarily him) would be nice to see at Villa as I believe we have some good technical players, they just need to be allowed to express themselves.

I think we should stick with MacDonald until the right person is available. We will do more harm than good in rushing an appointment with a sub standard manager.

I agree.. unless we can get Jol.. lets go with Kev Mac & appoint a DOF for the time being.

Marcus Allback reckons he's very tough, typical British coach but a very good one...

If the right manager isn't available then it might be worth looking at a DoF and a Coach. Someone like Frank Arnesen perhaps with great "back room" experience and a wide european football knowledge, and the experience of working at a bigger club than ours could work well with a coach like Zola or Martinez. As Julie says Kevin Mac is an excellent coach and could improve our first team as well.

One thing is certain imo, our first team squad has lacked good coaching for the past four years and have almost had to make it up between them as they've gone along.

If we can't get Jol we are going to be stuck with a substandard manager. Simple as that

I really do not see why Jol is seen as the Messiah here... I see what he did at Spurs, but if you look at the size of the squad he had there and given our supposed problems with the wage/revenue ratio, it could well be hard to get him managing us right.

On top of knowing the PL and having shown good results there - he has worked in Europe and has a lot of knowledge of some of the other leagues and players - that is what makes him a good choice.

Sven has been seen at Bham airport... apparently.

Hmmmmmm

No Sven Please. :( Too old fashioned for modern football. Also he hasn't been successful for number of years now. Failed with England, failed with Man City, failed with Mexico and failed with Ivory Cost. No thanks.