Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Randy Lerner is ambitious hed go and get Gus Hiddink

Hiddink has just started his role as manager of Turkey. And I'm pretty sure he has said in the past the only English team he'd ever manage is/was Chelsea.

anyone?

diego-maradona.jpg

that made me laugh

managers?

well sven is not as bad as some seem to think, yes he has been around more than ashley cole but he has been successful at various clubs and can still get good players to come

deschamps, the little french man, he went to juve and got them back into the big time and then went to france and won the title, he has spent time in the UK so its not alien to him, he plays decent football and is well respected.

moyes, his teams go up and down but always seem difficult to beat, knows the english game but can he attract decent players?

jol, got spurz up the league and was dumped, then went back to europe and did the business he could bring suarez and van de weil with him as they play for ajax?

there is just a few we may or may not be able to get?

And who the fook is this Bradley fella,what would the players think of a yank on the training ground,hey man pass the ball yeah awesome!! ffs.

That's just a bit harsh on a manager who did well to advance a team full of European based players to the second round of the World Cup....

Would the players prefer an Italian who can't speak a lick of English?

If American players can have success in England, than it's only a matter of time before an American manager does. I'm just not sure the Premiership should be his starting point. Let Bradley cut his teeth in the Championship first, imo....

And who the fook is this Bradley fella,what would the players think of a yank on the training ground,hey man pass the ball yeah awesome!! ffs.

:lol::lol:

Yeah, I laughed dudeeee.

Gabby is the new line back,as much as I disliked mon at times,the likes of him and Curbs frighten the shite out of me.I'll take Jol please.

Why are people still saying we're a top-six club? With O'Neill leaving it's going to set us back this year. We will be lucky to be a top-half club come May, and any incoming manager will know it's going to be so difficult to live up to the fans expectations of a fourth-straight European place finish.

So I don't think Jol will be interested. He almost went to Fulham, was convinced to stay with Ajax and so will have spent the last few weeks focusing on the start of their campaign. He won't want to think about a move now. If O'Neill had left when Fulham were also looking for a manager, I think Jol would have come here for certain. But not this close to the start of the season.

Another fan that fails to give the club the credit it deserves. We're a top 6 club because we've finished there 3 years on the trot.

Was it all down to MON? Get a grip. And that is coming from a MON fan himself.

Jol nearly went to Fulham, therefore he'd definitely come to Villa. There is a difference in stature and standing between the two clubs.

I'm one of the people who do give the club the credit deserves. It's just thinking logically here.

Whenever a new manager comes in, they are going to want their own people in the backroom, they have their own training methods, their own style of play, their own transfer targets, etc, etc. It's a massive overhaul of the way the team is run.

Not only does it take time for the manager to feel that things are comfortably running his way, it then takes the players time to adapt to the new regime. The only real situation I can see where change has been pretty smooth almost immediately was when Mourinho joined Chelsea, and that was because they went spending like crazy.

A manager joining Villa would not be able to spend like crazy, not until the wage budget is sorted it would seem. So the manager would have to figure out how to mold the existing team to his way of thinking. And I just cannot believe that that'll happen in enough time to get ourselves into Europe this year, particularly with the amount that Man City have spent, the fact Liverpool have a manager with a brain, and that Everton look pretty much injury free in their key areas.

So at this moment in time, Villa would be a backwards step for Jol. Our most likely manager will be either one who is out of work, or one who is looking for a step up in their career. And that's why the favourites are Bradley, Curbs and Southgate.

I think people are putting the boot into Bradley too much which is a tad unfair. He's done well with the USA team since he took over. Does that mean he should manage us? No, I don't think so. I don't think he is the man to lead us forward.

That's just a bit harsh on a manager who did well to advance a team full of European based players to the second round of the World Cup....

Would the players prefer an Italian who can't speak a lick of English?

If American players can have success in England, than it's only a matter of time before an American manager does. I'm just not sure the Premiership should be his starting point. Let Bradley cut his teeth in the Championship first, imo....

It might be harsh,but it's true.if he came here the fans would flip the lid,nows not the time or the place to blood Bob super awsome Bradley..

Why are people still saying we're a top-six club? With O'Neill leaving it's going to set us back this year. We will be lucky to be a top-half club come May, and any incoming manager will know it's going to be so difficult to live up to the fans expectations of a fourth-straight European place finish.

So I don't think Jol will be interested. He almost went to Fulham, was convinced to stay with Ajax and so will have spent the last few weeks focusing on the start of their campaign. He won't want to think about a move now. If O'Neill had left when Fulham were also looking for a manager, I think Jol would have come here for certain. But not this close to the start of the season.

Another fan that fails to give the club the credit it deserves. We're a top 6 club because we've finished there 3 years on the trot.

Was it all down to MON? Get a grip. And that is coming from a MON fan himself.

Jol nearly went to Fulham, therefore he'd definitely come to Villa. There is a difference in stature and standing between the two clubs.

I'm one of the people who do give the club the credit deserves. It's just thinking logically here.

Whenever a new manager comes in, they are going to want their own people in the backroom, they have their own training methods, their own style of play, their own transfer targets, etc, etc. It's a massive overhaul of the way the team is run.

Not only does it take time for the manager to feel that things are comfortably running his way, it then takes the players time to adapt to the new regime. The only real situation I can see where change has been pretty smooth almost immediately was when Mourinho joined Chelsea, and that was because they went spending like crazy.

A manager joining Villa would not be able to spend like crazy, not until the wage budget is sorted it would seem. So the manager would have to figure out how to mold the existing team to his way of thinking. And I just cannot believe that that'll happen in enough time to get ourselves into Europe this year, particularly with the amount that Man City have spent, the fact Liverpool have a manager with a brain, and that Everton look pretty much injury free in their key areas.

So at this moment in time, Villa would be a backwards step for Jol. Our most likely manager will be either one who is out of work, or one who is looking for a step up in their career. And that's why the favourites are Bradley, Curbs and Southgate.

Again not really. Decent enough squad with some fantastic players. One of the best defences in the PL last year, and was the best before the 7-1 mauling. A fantastic away record, and great home support.

In the Europa League. There are plenty of managers who can work with barely any money and still do a very good job at their disposal. It isn't all about immediately opening the cheque book.

At the Browns he appointed Mike Holmgrem a man who had won the superbowl with Green Bay and then took Seattle to their only superbowl-If you follow that through I think it will be someone who has managerial experience at the high level

Not quite. He appointed Holmgren as general manager, which in American Football is closer to DoF. The "manager" is Eric Mangini, a rah-rah type who gets quickly found out.

From the way Faulkner's suddenly become prominent, I'd say Lerner is looking less for a manager and more for a coach

Again not really. Decent enough squad with some fantastic players. One of the best defences in the PL last year, and was the best before the 7-1 mauling. A fantastic away record, and great home support.

In the Europa League. There are plenty of managers who can work with barely any money and still do a very good job at their disposal. It isn't all about immediately opening the cheque book.

Decent enough squad with fantastic players, but under O'Neill. Milner is pretty much gone, O'Neill was the main reason Ashley Young hasn't seeked taking up a better option, and then we're two of our best players down. Our keeper isn't going to be around forever (or even this season if the rumour of Randy trying to offload him is true).

A new man comes in, maybe thinks some players are better than others. Sure, it could mean that we see more of the fringe players that most think deserve a chance (Reo-Coker, Luke Young, youngsters like Delfouneso and Albrighton), but if some of those players who played week in week out under O'Neill lost their places for a while, they may not be too happy about it. I think most managers will always have a problem with a few disgruntled players no matter who they are.

Whoever comes in will probably use this season to set their base of attack and then really look at progressing again from next year. But I just think the likes of Jol and Moyes for example are too far out of our current reach, four days before the season starts. Maybe if this had happened at the end of last season, maybe...

Personally though, I'm kind of excited. It's going to be a really strange feeling seeing a new man taking control of the team. Who knows, maybe they'll get us playing football on the ground, using the strikers as more than just lumps up front to score from crosses, bring in a creative attacking midfielder. I'm definitely going to be looking at it positively, because we have to. But I just think that the person coming in will be someone taking a step up, as opposed to across or down.

:lol::lol:

Yeah, I laughed dudeeee.

Yeah, totally for sure dudeee. No way a freaking yank can know enough totally bitchen info about this totally awesome game of football to even be thought of without totally laughing dudeee. Totally, yeah, awesome, cool, whatev.

Speaking of ffs, Hate to burst everyone's smug reactions but here's a news flash, football is not rocket science. It's a game that little kids play so it can't be all that tough to comprehend. If you think Bradley falls short of the mark because you have some knowledge of his coaching style and credentials that's one thing but tossing out the childish xenophobic comments are just plain silly. Dudeeee