Confirmed: Houllier is the new Villa manager

danceoftheshamen

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motes would be my choice but he wouldnt come if there was no money. Hes got that situation where he is.

It's actually spelt Moat, and he went a few weeks ago.

Could have had Gazza as his no. 2.

In the Premiership I am sure to get some abuse but Bruce or McCleish wouldn't be bad shouts. Championship Grayson, Clough or Lambert. Abroad Hiddink or Sven.

A few unemployed managers around but would rather have someone who was in work but as long as he Villa to the end it good enoguh for me.

What we don't need is a complete shake up we need stability we have only 2 weeks left before the end of the transfer window so whoever comes in isn't going to be able to have wholesale changes . People talk about dead wood I agree there are players that need moving on but the biggest thing we can do is change the tactics . We were starting to get sussed and our home record wasn't great but I think we should look at MacDonald for a while . He knows the players and I think he might just surprise a few but certainly long term we have to get the right man in and have the upheaval then .

I think certain players in a different formation might also be better players .

You know everyone is clamouring for a new manager to come in, but I think we'll all be surprised how well Kevin MacDonald will do

with the 1st team.

He's been at the club a fair few years, done a great job & knows the club inside out along with Gordon Cowans & Co.

Klinsmann - big name who could attract players we might not be able to get under different managers.

Bob Bradley - is that really a serious suggestion? Did somebody mention getting his son to go with it? I'd rather have Big Ron back.

I'd like to go closer to home again but who the ruddy hell is there. Had a peep at the available managers on the LMA website. I left with no hope.

im going for a beatuful trio of managers tony adams, john barnes and stan staunton. we'd walk the league with those three in charge....

seriously not sure we're in a bit of a pickle really. sven's about but his mind had wondered since england, brian little would give his left arm for another go im sure! would love macdonald to do well though. may not be popular choice but nigel pearson would do well (altho just gone to hull), what about steve mclaren (oh no wait he's just gone wolfsberg!),

big ron and GT MkI return!

or will deano roll in to town....

my worry is right now is mon is a football man,hes played the game & became a manager,now we have randy in charge,randy is not a football me,hes a buisness man, in dreamland i would pluck moyes, mcclish of them lot might be ok, in the real world its probable we will get southgate