Vienna Away

Spl1304

Mine's not here either. If it's not there by the time I get home tonight then I need to sort out collecting one from the ground, according to the box office. Another hassle!

I just saw SSN interviewing Kev Mac at the airport - sound was off tho so no idea what he said, and didn't see any of the players either.

I just hope we're not taking this tie too lightly - you only have to look what happened last night to Spurs.

Agbonlahor, Collins and Cuellar just returned to training= Not match fit, then a risk for Newcastle so not worth playing.

Petrov is a player we always call to be rested in these sort of games, as he covers so much ground he struggles some games.

Carew, can he play 3 games in 8 days? Saying that if Gabby would be back for Sunday surely one could play.

Other then that there's only Ash and Luke Young which are?????

Then you have Sidwell who is injured.

Which means everyone else available is there.

aston villa views moaning

thanks to the moscow trip i think any game in europe where we dont play our strongest 11 will be viewed as half empty rather than half full

but seeing as the team could be -

guzan

beye - clark - davies - warnock

albrighton - reo coker - messiah osbourne - downing

heskey - fonz

its not that bad a team, bit lightweight in the centre IMO

So it turns out he's rested four, Dunne is suspended. Young had a visible knock on Saturday so it'll probably be a precaution, although he always is limping around.

I guess Beye needs a game, and we have Lichaj as backup so Luke Young didn't have to go? The most confusing one.

We all know how injury prone Carew is, I'd rather keep him rested for the Premier League, after all we have Heskey, Weimann and Delfouneso as back up which is good imo.

Petrov was surprising, we know how much ground he covers so often we call for him to be rested, but usually Petrov wants to play every game being captain. May be resting in precaution?

Then the rest are injured, meaning we have a pretty strong first eleven, but obviously the bench is poor. Hopefully come the home leg we'll have more options to choose from.

Why are such important players left at home?

I still believe that you will have a strong line up but I can`t explain myself why Young or Carew flew not to Vienna.

Anyway, we still need an excellent day to beat you again.

How many of you will come to Vienna?

Hmmm Im very worried about that squad, I can't see where a goal is gunna come from

and O'Neill didn't do the same thing, this is a mix of first team and the youngsters, the team that O'Neill picked when we went out 2 years ago was the youngsters all threw in at the deep end.

Im guessing

Friedel

Warnock Clarke Davis Beye

Albrighton Reo Coker Bannan Downing

Heskey Weimann