Scientific Experiement #3

IainG

DOL Stay? DOL Go?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. DOL Stay? DOL Go?

• Stay
    • Go

In - what good would bringing in a new manager at this stage of the season do?

This club has consistently failed to achieve because of two reasons:

1. Lack of investment

2. Lack of stability

There's only one person who needs to leave Villa, and I'd prefer it if it wasn't in a coffin but I'll take it anyway it comes.

Go - another performance where we failed a single shot on goal , one thing at Chelsea but Spurs , do me a favour .. Tommy pulled a few rabbits out the hat yesterday otherwise it would have been another 5 goal thrashing at Spurs ...

then to go on SSN's and say we took the game to Tottenham , the man is deluded

Here's a question I'd like to ask. Quite a few on this site are saying "What's the point of getting rid now" in a sort of "I think he should go but not right now" sort of way.

So do you think he should go but not right now or is it really that you do not believe he should go at all whether it is now or at some point in the not too distant future.

Richard - not a clear question. EVERY manager will leave at some point.

You can only answer for now and it looks like most feel that now is not the right time. Who's to know what will happen in 6 months time

Richard - not a clear question. EVERY manager will leave at some point.

You can only answer for now and it looks like most feel that now is not the right time. Who's to know what will happen in 6 months time

I'm with Ian.

If/when we get taken over, then I wouldn't be averse to him going then.

That's only because I want there to be a fresh start at Villa. I want the fans to be completely unified again and not divided over any lines whatsoever.

Ideally, after say 3-4 years, I'd like there to be not one trace of the current Villa remaining - and that includes everyone from the backroom staff to the first team. There have been too many occassions where each and every one of the current squad have let us down in one way or another.

Some half doubters are now saying "give him to the end of the season" but really, what can he prove this season?

If he manages a mid table finish, nobody will give him much credit unless we suddenly start playing sparkling football and banging in loads of goals. And I think we all secretly know that isn't going to happen.

If we end up (nearly) relegated DOL will still have the excuse of insufficient backing and an injury hit squad.

To find out for sure if he can cut it, we've got to give him at least until next Christmas. If he gets a respectable budget in the summer and we're not comfortably in the top half by then, he won't find one person on here to defend him.