Could Young be our new Yorke?

David-Copenhagen

Could Ash be our "new" Yorke?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Could Ash be our "new" Yorke?

• Yes
    • No

Young has the ability, no doubt about that. I'm not sure as he'll ever change the way he plays in that he wants to beat players every time he gets the ball, to a degree a winger is limited in what he can do because of the limitations of the pitch so a move inside opens up plenty of opportunity. If he is willing to move the ball on a little more quickly than he does at the moment he could be very effective, of course the ability of those around him plays a part.

Almost certainly not. Yorke was a clinical finisher, and for someone who wasn't the tallest, he was great in the air. Young is just too small to be an out and our forward. Giving him licence to roam would be a better idea.

Almost certainly not. Yorke was a clinical finisher, and for someone who wasn't the tallest, he was great in the air. Young is just too small to be an out and our forward. Giving him licence to roam would be a better idea.

I think that is the key, there is no way he can play effectively standing up against a centre half, not just that he isn't physically strong or tall, I don't think Young really fancies a header, particularly if the likes of Campbell or Vermaelen were ready to nail him.

His role would have to be deeper lying, but for me starting as high up the pitch as possible to exploit spaces in dangerous areas rather than drifting around trying to run the game from the middle of the park.

If played in the hole all year, I think Young could score 10-15 League goals for us. Trouble is, it might prove costly if it takes a bit of time for the formation to settle. I'd probably stick with him on the wing and play him in the hole every now again when we need something different, although MON doesn't seem to keen on changing things around, lol.

I'd hope so. Yorke was about the same age as Ash is now when he moved from midfield to striker. Id say Ash is quicker than Yorke and he is a better crosser of the ball. Yorke was more gifted, had better close control and was deceptively good in the air (he scored more headers than he had any right to) and he was an absolutely clinical finisher.

I think its worth a shot, Ash is a great player. I just dont think he is as good as Dwight Yorke was.

It's scored by Andy Cole for Manchester United, but the goal is all about Dwight Yorke's contribution. Yorke's awareness of what is around him, his touch for the assist, that is what he was all about. Can Ashley Young do anything like that?

I'd hope so. Yorke was about the same age as Ash is now when he moved from midfield to striker. Id say Ash is quicker than Yorke and he is a better crosser of the ball. Yorke was more gifted, had better close control and was deceptively good in the air (he scored more headers than he had any right to) and he was an absolutely clinical finisher.

I think its worth a shot, Ash is a great player. I just dont think he is as good as Dwight Yorke was.

It's scored by Andy Cole for Manchester United, but the goal is all about Dwight Yorke's contribution. Yorke's awareness of what is around him, his touch for the assist, that is what he was all about. Can Ashley Young do anything like that?

Yes, i think he can. Young isn't as good as Yorke was at his best, but he's still only 24 (i think), still to reach his peak.

i wish there were more players like yorke. they get to play football for a living and make huge fortunes at the same time, SO SMILE FOR FµCKS SAKE - YOU DONT REALISE HOW GOOD YOU HAVE GOT IT!!! yorke is probably the only professional player who ever looked like he was genuinely enjoying what he did.

and: no.