Barry Bannan

villianusa

‘Bannan vs Ireland (overall league stats for Villa): Apps 43 – 36, Assists 4 – 3, Key Passes 49 – 28′

Pass completion rate would be interesting, I'd certainly back Ireland in that one.

Bannan is decent but he needs to learn the game still. In 2-3 years he could be absolute class.

I was in Wien when he scored his first goal for the Villa against rapid in August 2010, and I thought that he would be an amazing player for class and accuracy in the long passes. Now I must admit that probably I had overrated him, he's struggling to mantain the standard of a Premier League player.

Id use both him and Delfouneso in a cash + player deal for Phillips or Ince from blackpool

Simply not good enough to be a PL player

I don't think he'll ever be a great premier league player, but he can definitely be a useful one.

Maybe not someone who I want to see starting every game, but he is capable of getting a few assists. It's all about league points and we might have come back from Newcastle with none if Barry wasn't on the pitch.

Not sure how people can say he's not PL standard.

Bannan very well could be useful player for us, just needs time and games to learn, he sometimes shows glimpes of his abilities. Playing alongside with KEA and for manager who actually is good with young players will do him good.

He just needs to cut out those ridiculous long passes that make up over half of his passing selections. He's actually a pretty good passer of the ball when he keeps it simple®. I'm sure PL would have been as frustrated as I was with Bannan against Newcastle and will surely teach him to cut it out. That said, I prefer Delph playing alongside KEA.

bb seems to play very well with the young lads coming through... he has had a number of years pulling hte strings with them in the reserves, and you can see them working well together... ciaran's goal on sunday night was a prime example...

the question is how to integrate that into the wider playing group of the seniors...