Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan is certainly no where near the class of Charlie Adam, and Adam is hardly a top quality player.

Bannan demands the ball a lot, the problem is what he does with the ball. His passing is very often poor and he very often fails to play it simple.

I don't see him developing into much of a player for us. I think he'd be better off going abroad.

Bannan's passing is almost never 'poor' - he gave the ball away badly once yesterday and misplaced another pass that he should have made but other than that his passing is very good. I don't get why he is now the whipping boy, I really don't.

Needs to keep it on the ground, hold on to it or pass to nearest teammate if nothing is on instead of panic passing all the time or launching a beckham style missile into no mans land.

The talent is there, he just needs to think more about what he is doing and be more sensible about his play and more importantly think about WHO he is playing with and whether they are likely to pick up on his intentions or not.

As someone who once though he might have some potential I have to accept the evidence of my eyes. He's not a team player, he's a glory-hunting, static creative type - that's a combo that doesn't work. It means he's always looking for a pass that will blow people's minds and put him on a highlight reel, but most of the time it just means possession just turns over. His hunger to look good means he'll sometimes rarely succeed with one of these passes, or he'll pop up with a shooting chance, which glosses over his flaws for a while. However, in terms of long range shooting he thinks he's Ronaldo so he blazes it out of the park more often than not.

And that's the stronger part of his game. The weaker part is that he's completely invisible in any game which requires some kind of physical presence or tackling, so practically every top league game. It really worries me that Lambert has immediately taken a liking to him.

He's useless without the ball, and while ask him to do anything involving striking the ball and he's alright, he simply doesn't have enough strings to his bow nor the physicality to make up for his not being supremely talented.

I've never believed he's good enough and I rather suspect he will forge a career north of the border or in the Championship or below (and I'm lead to believe he wasn't an unmitigated success in his times in the lower leagues either...).

He's had chances, and has been found wanting.

How the mighty have fallen - we are on hear arguing if Bannan is worse than Albrighton!

In all seriousness you can't blame the players - Bannan should have be moved on a few seasons back - Abrighton as well. You have to look at the management of the club that has projected these players to be premier league starters.

I am not an Albrighton fan - but just wonder on a good day - could he be slight improvement on NZOG ?

strongly disagree. He had tons of the ball, but went back because nobody was showing for an option and he was under pressure. Under those circumstances a safe pass back is the best option. I thought he battled, tackled, even challenged in the air and covered a ton of ground.

We looked better when he went out only because Everton sat back deeper and dropped the pressure tactic to prevent our possession. Not his fault that he had no options when in possession when nobody is showing or moving.

Disagree. He sat too deep. When he got the ball, the majority of the time he immediately went for the Hollywood pass which ended up in Howard arms.

Showing for the ball is one thing. But if you just hoof it away every time you get it there's no point

I'm with srsmithusa on this, I thought he played it simple much of the time and every time he did get the chance to look up field there was nothing happening. I thought he challenged well against Fellaini and worked his socks off. I think he's taking an awful lot of criticism that belongs with Darren Bent.

When he got the ball, the majority of the time he immediately went for the Hollywood pass which ended up in Howard arms.

Showing for the ball is one thing. But if you just hoof it away every time you get it there's no point

I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch but I think you are doing the lad a bit of a disservice especially when he his pass accuracy was the highest of any Villa player.