John Carew.............Careeeewww

wilko154

Can the big man score 20+ goals this season  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Can the big man score 20+ goals this season

• Yes
    • No
    • Hes Bigger Than Me & You

I think Carew is an awesome impact player. Really gives the place a lift when he comes off the bench that Heskey obviously doesn't.

When he's on fire, he's unplayable. An absolute monster. Hopefully he can get over the niggly injuries he picks up that keep him sidelined, but I certainly think he's still the man.

20 goals? Probably not. 15 in all competitions I'd be happy with as long as we get another striker in to ease the burden on JC and Gabby.

he wiull be our star this season! Laursenesque season for me scoring 25! I dont have love that man! Just loves the club/fans now...if a player wants to know how to get fans on their side just emulate John Carew! I remember not long back a lot of people oon here were saying he was really bad form and we should let him go! Safe to say they went quiet towards the end of the season and arent really saying anything now!

he wiull be our star this season! Laursenesque season for me scoring 25! I dont have love that man! Just loves the club/fans now...if a player wants to know how to get fans on their side just emulate John Carew! I remember not long back a lot of people oon here were saying he was really bad form and we should let him go! Safe to say they went quiet towards the end of the season and arent really saying anything now!

Or we hope he does well but realistically it'll be the same as usual... :?

This will be John Carew's season. Unlike last summer, he is injury free and reading the interviews he gives to Norwegian papers, it is obvious that he is having the time of his life at Aston Villa. Seems like he has never been happier.

Good to hear! :hooray::hooray::hooray:

If you look back on previous seasons, Carew has always kept up with Agbonlahor (goal wise). So if Carew started more games rather than a substitute, I can't see why he can't become a more prolific goal scorer.

For all the golden days he enjoyed there, there is one regret which has eaten away at John Carew ever since he left Valencia.

The Villa striker will be reunited with his former employers for the first time since leaving Spain on Friday when they face off in a friendly at Villa Park for Martin O’Neill’s men’s last game before the start of the new campaign.

Carew has been looking forward to the match since it was arranged with the Norway star having enjoyed four years at the Mestalla during a successful spell which saw them crowned kings of Spain for the first time in 31 years.

But after agonisingly missing out on club football’s biggest prize of all, the Champions League – to Bayern Munich via penalties in 2001 – Carew can’t help but feel his time there was tinged with regret.

“I had some of the best memories of my career at Valencia,” he said. “We had a fantastic team at the time. We were Champions League contenders every year.

“We were playing against the best teams in Europe every year and beating most of them. It was fantastic.

“The memory which sticks with me most is of course the Champions League final. We played a great game that night but unfortunately we lost on penalties. We had led in the game. It was devastating.

“It would have meant so much to have a Champions League medal. It’s the biggest prize in club football.

“At the time I was hoping I’d get another chance again. I played in some great games, but unfortunately I don’t have a medal.

“Valencia was probably the strongest team in Europe 10 years ago. We won the Spanish league and that was the best league in the world at the time.

“They got to the final of the Champions League two seasons in a row. It’s something I’m very proud about.”

Carew, who arrived in the Midlands in 2007, is looking forward to catching up with some of his old team-mates and says it is vital Villa face top-notch opposition to sharpen them up for Premier League combat.

“I think Vicente, Albelda and Marchena are still there, they were all top players and that is the sort of opposition you want to be coming up against in pre-season.

“It’s very important to match the level of teams you’re going to be coming up against in the Premier League. Feyenoord and Benfica came into that category in the Guadiana Cup and so too do Valencia.

“It would be stupid to come up against teams who aren’t that good and then suddenly have to play in the Premier League.

“You would be struggling.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/2010/08/04/john-carews-one-big-regret/

This will be John Carew's season. Unlike last summer, he is injury free and reading the interviews he gives to Norwegian papers, it is obvious that he is having the time of his life at Aston Villa. Seems like he has never been happier.

:)

Links or quotes?

Anyway, I think Carew may be playing for a contract. I seem to remember his agent whose first name was Per I think, saying how this summer is very important for john, he either extends his contract which runs out next summer or is sold to another club. MON must have told him and his agent to impress him then he can get a renewed contract.

I just hope he carries on his pre season form into the season and stays clear of injury. If he does that then I genuinely believe he can get 25 goals a season, presuming he takes penalties as well and plays in some cup games.

:)

Links or quotes?

Anyway, I think Carew may be playing for a contract. I seem to remember his agent whose first name was Per I think, saying how this summer is very important for john, he either extends his contract which runs out next summer or is sold to another club. MON must have told him and his agent to impress him then he can get a renewed contract.

I can give you This link and translate what he is saying after Daily Mirror had fabricated a story about him moving to either Sampdoria or Fiorentina:

"There will always be speculation around very talented players", he said and laugh loudly.

He means that Daily Mirror is a paper without credibility:

"If you look at the paper, it is naked women in the first 40 pages, then there is 4 sport pages. So you should take what they are writing with a pinch of salt".

Three years ago, he said that he would move back to Norway in three years. Now he says:

"No, I'm not gonna move home now. I really enjoy being in England and Aston Villa and I don't need to be at another place".

few of our players could be comfortable in the company he was in at his height.

sadly, that is probably quite true at this moment.

If we can get him fit and on form, he'll be a real asset to us. Big IF though that.

Â