Having Barry back?

PaulTheVillan

Barry back?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Barry back?

• No Thanks.
    • Yes Please.

He still has four years of a £100k+ a week contract to run. If he left for the money a year ago, why would he change his mind now?

I would take him back for the right price/valuation but what would happen with his wages??

I would also only take him back if MON is prepared to play him in a 3 man CM as I don't think he has the energy to play in a 4-4-2, certainly not alongside our Stan!

Nah... we had the best years out of him...& methinks Man City know this!

Spot on. Dunno if it's just me but he looks a bit crap these days to be honest. He is so slow it's joke, he looked good playing for us but terrible for anyone else, especially England lol. Be great if he gets pushed to the bench for the season and hardly plays.

I think it is common practice for a club who would want a player off there books to cover part of his wages anyway, but why would anyone want back a player who went to such lengths to leave.

If your girlfriend told you she fancied other guys, looked at everything that walked past then went and left you to bang someone else, then after a year came back.........would you?

(shit analogy I know but it seemed right in my head)

Nope - simply because I never believe a player can come back to a club a second time around and be successful. It rarely happens (same for most managers as well). Personally I believe we sold at the right time, and really don't need to buy him back!