Having Barry back?

PaulTheVillan

Barry back?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. Barry back?

• No Thanks.
    • Yes Please.

I understand it wouldnt happen because of his wages, but lets just be hypothetical and say he wasn't on that much.

I can't believe there are so many no's here.

I know he is 29, but James Milner is nowhere near in the same league as Gareth Barry - and I predict now, whether he goes to Man City, stays with us, or goes to barcelona - he will never be !!

People forget how bloody good Barry was / is. there is a reason we sung "Barry or England" for 10yrs, and why he is now the indispensible one out of the England midfield that has players like Lampard and Gerrard in it,

Barry, like Platt before him, was / still is absolute sheer class - and - if I had a chance, would take him back with a shot !.

Or maybe people wold rather see Sidwell and god forbid Isiah Osbourne and Salifou in our squad !

I understand it wouldnt happen because of his wages, but lets just be hypothetical and say he wasn't on that much.

I can't believe there are so many no's here.

I know he is 29, but James Milner is nowhere near in the same league as Gareth Barry - and I predict now, whether he goes to Man City, stays with us, or goes to barcelona - he will never be !!

People forget how bloody good Barry was / is. there is a reason we sung "Barry or England" for 10yrs, and why he is now the indispensible one out of the England midfield that has players like Lampard and Gerrard in it,

Barry, like Platt before him, was / still is absolute sheer class - and - if I had a chance, would take him back with a shot !.

Or maybe people wold rather see Sidwell and god forbid Isiah Osbourne and Salifou in our squad !

But he's not that good now. Or have you not seen him play for City and England recently?

Erm and no, he's not indispensable to England, Lamps and StevieMe are.

I'd have him back.. but i wouldnt have him as part of a swap deal with Milner

Wages wouldnt be a problem, the mancs arent going to really want him clogging up their dressing room anymore as they're going to be onto bigger and better things, they'd bung him a payoff to allow him to accept our "low" wages (a la Sidwell)

Actually, I wouldnt mind seeing Barry partnering Milner in the middle, but I doubt very much we will see either of them at VP next season

As previousely said, never gonna happen

(would be funny though watching Barry asskissing his way back on his knees!)

Would honestly be a backwards step, we've moved on and hes not the type of midfeilder we will need when milner goes.

Plus im going to enjoy him not playing champions league football at man city.

He made his bed so he can lay in it and hopefully it becomes a bench seat. To be honest, I think we can get better elsewhere and that is not a bitter comment. To go forward I think using Delph would be a better option than Gareth Barry considering we have invested a lot of money in him.