RESERVES : 2010/11 season/stats - Chelsea are champions

BOF

[table color=#bccde9:427506378f][row][mcol]DATE[mcol]TIME[mcol][mcol][mcol][row][mcol][col][col][col][col][row][mcol]02/11[mcol]13:30[mcol]Arsenal[mcol]0-2[mcol]ASTON VILLA[row][col][col][col][col][col]goal.gif 30' Nathan Delfouneso

goal.gif 44' Samir Carruthers[row][mcol][mcol]14:00[mcol]Wigan Athletic[mcol]2-1[mcol]Newcastle United[row][col][col][col]goal.gif 30' Joe Holt

goal.gif 32' Daniel Redmond (p)

[col][col]

goal.gif 72' Paddy McLaughlin[row][mcol][mcol]14:00[mcol]West Ham United[mcol]1-2[mcol]Manchester City[row][col][col][col]

goal.gif 71' Frank Nouble[col][col]goal.gif 58' Abdisalam Ibrahim

goal.gif 65' Winston Reid (og)

[row][mcol][mcol]19:00[mcol]Bolton Wanderers[mcol]-[mcol]Manchester United[row][mcol][mcol]19:00[mcol]Sunderland[mcol]-[mcol]Liverpool[row][row][mcol]03/11[mcol]13:00[mcol]West Bromwich Albion[mcol]-[mcol]Chelsea[row][mcol][col][col][col][col][/table]

He has 4 in 3 now. Knocking on the door of the senior side? I'd like to think so. There's not much more he can do really. It's not like the senior starters are keeping him out with the goals they're scoring.

He has 4 in 3 now. Knocking on the door of the senior side? I'd like to think so. There's not much more he can do really. It's not like the senior starters are keeping him out with the goals they're scoring.

Like you say Brian he can't do any more. Over to you Mr Houllier.

Well I want to see Fonz go out on loan (when we get some cover!) as he needs regular game time and is not yet good enough for playing week in week out. Bannan went on loan, look at the world of good that did!

Great result, good to see us pulling out all the stops for this one - individually, it's good to see Carruthers more than holding his own in a midfield with Bannan and Albrighton, he's having a really good season.

The two lads at the back seem to have come on a bit too and both are now considered safe bets in a game like this which is a compliment to them. I'm also a big fan of Guzan playing these games.

Good stuff all round!

[table color=#bccde9:f3a6455a05][row][mcol]DATE[mcol]TIME[mcol][mcol][mcol][row][mcol][col][col][col][col][row][mcol]02/11[mcol]19:00[mcol]Bolton Wanderers[mcol]1-3[mcol]Manchester United[row][mcol][col][col]goal.gif 13' Adam Blakeman

[col][col]

goal.gif 37' Will Keane

goal.gif 69' Cameron Stewart

goal.gif 76' Tom Thorpe[row][mcol][mcol]19:00[mcol]Sunderland[mcol]1-2[mcol]Liverpool[row][mcol][col][col]

goal.gif 51' Dan Madden[col][col]goal.gif 7' Robbie Weir (og)

goal.gif 19' Victor Palsson

[/table]

Great result, good to see us pulling out all the stops for this one - individually, it's good to see Carruthers more than holding his own in a midfield with Bannan and Albrighton, he's having a really good season.

The two lads at the back seem to have come on a bit too and both are now considered safe bets in a game like this which is a compliment to them. I'm also a big fan of Guzan playing these games.

Good stuff all round!

I'm sorry, but if Arse had a very young side (i.e.scholars) against a far more experience side of us, how could it be a good stuff all round?

I don't know what your problem seems to be with Scott's positive post Handsome. But FYI, 7 of the players who featured for Arsenal yesterday were part of the side that beat West Ham 4-1 two weeks earlier. This wasn't some experimental Arsenal side, this was a representative reserve side for them. And Arsenal are always strong in the reserve league.

If you couple that with us going away from home to win a crucial 6 pointer and both Chelsea and West Ham losing their games I think you might just be able to agree that, in the grand scheme of our reserve season that was 'good stuff all round'.

[table color=#bccde9:41d0388f61][row][mcol]03/11[mcol]13:30[mcol]Everton[mcol]5-0[mcol]Blackpool[row][mcol][col][col]goal.gif 4' Jose Baxter

goal.gif 60' Magaya Gueye

goal.gif 63' Jermaine Beckford

goal.gif 71' Jose Baxter

goal.gif 78' Hope Akpan[col][col][/table]

Over the last couple of years this has become the fixture that tends to decide which of the two groups of young players wins this league, it's the biggest reserves game in the country (or at least the part of it that used to be grouped as the South) and it's become a really well contested rivalry. Arsenals team wasn't as strong as it could have been as they'd sent one or two of their youngsters away for their European tie - but there are still a number of names that regular watchers of this fixture will be familiar with - winning this game isn't easy. It's good stuff.

You can learn about players in all sorts of situations - that's why clubs will sometimes play young players alongside more experienced ones in straightforward cup ties against weaker opposition, you want to see how they deal with the occasion and how they compare to their peers. For three of our players, this is the biggest reserve game they've played in and probably the best team they've been a part of - they've performed well in that situation. That's good stuff.

Guzan hasn't played enough football in recent years in my opinion and I'm a big fan of letting your second keeper play in at least some of your games at this level - the fact that he wants to also suggests he's got an enthusiasm for the game, the club and the younger members of the squad. I think that's good stuff too.

Delfouneso scored and can take confidence in that, good stuff. Albrighton and Bannan will have enjoyed a win and a game against old rivals, good stuff, and we're back on top of a league that means something to our youngsters and staff, that's good stuff.

Heck, even Arsenal's youngsters will have benefitted from the experience of a game against a more developed group of young players, it'll be good for them in the long run too.

What's not to like?

Just been watching the highlights on the OS. Looked a really good performance - excellent stuff from Albrighton and Carruthers and Salifou looked pretty good, too! Thought Delfouneso was putting in a lot of effort, chasing down the ball etc. Playing at this level, you would hope there are one or two more likely to come through to the first team squad.

Thanks for nothing Everton !!

[table color=#bccde9:f4b4aeced7][row][mcol]08/11[mcol][mcol]Arsenal[mcol]4-1[mcol]Everton[row][mcol][col][col]

goal.gif 26' Jay-Emmanuel-Thomas

goal.gif 47' Chuks Aneke

goal.gif 52' Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

goal.gif 63' Havard Nordtveit[col][col]goal.gif 5' Shkodran Mustafi

[row][mcol][mcol][mcol]Blackburn Rovers[mcol]3-1[mcol]Sunderland[row][mcol][col][col]goal.gif David Meyler o.g.

goal.gif Herold Goulon

goal.gif Aaron Doran

[col][col]

goal.gif Craig Lynch[row][mcol][mcol][mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[mcol]P-P[mcol]Manchester United[row][mcol][col][col][col][col][/table]

VENUE CHANGE!!!!

And it's good news this time. Two fixtures have been moved from Bodymoor Heath to Hinckley United's home ground so the fans will be able to watch. Kick off will be 19:00.

15/11/10 v West Ham

10/01/11 v Arsenal

Baggies go fourth.

[table color=#bccde9:f4f029db30][row][mcol][col][col][col][col][row][mcol]11/11[mcol]19:00[mcol]West Bromwich Albion[mcol]2-2[mcol]Manchester United[row][mcol][col][col]

goal.gif 21' Kemar Roofe

goal.gif 69' Sam Mantom[col][col]goal.gif 13' Marnick Vermijl

goal.gif 51' Michele Fornasier

[/table]