RESERVES : 2010/11 season/stats - Chelsea are champions

BOF

AVFCOfficial posted them on Twitter, not sure why they're not posted on the OS yet if they already know the lineups

Ah OK cheers. The OS has rarely been the most up to date of sites :)

An inauspicious start by the lads. I didn't expect much from this game tbh. Chelsea are gunning (pun intended) for the title and ours isn't anything like our strongest side.

Nah no streams.

Ah gutted, cheers for letting us know. Still 2-1. 15 mins left. Wonder if Gardner can start pushing for a first team squad place next season, if not, hope we send him on loan.

Season over. Chelsea hunting down Arsenal for a place in the final.

[table color=#bccde9:3f195d3bec][row][mcol]26/04[mcol]Chelsea[mcol]2-1[mcol]ASTON VILLA[row][mcol][col]goal.gif 7' Milan Lalkovic

goal.gif 16' Adam Phillip

[col][col]

goal.gif 25' Samir Carruthers[/table]

Nah no streams.

Ah gutted, cheers for letting us know. Still 2-1. 15 mins left. Wonder if Gardner can start pushing for a first team squad place next season, if not, hope we send him on loan.

he should have been sent out on loan as soon as he recovered from injury earlier this season, i have no idea why they waited, this player is far too good for reserve team football

The game tomorrow determines whether we finish 3rd or 4th (come on you Dingles). Thursday's game impacts on the Southern title. United already have theirs wrapped up (which might help Arsenal...)

[table color=#bccde9:1aed9c5417][row][mcol]27/04[mcol]Wolverhampton Wanderers[mcol]v[mcol]West Ham United[row][mcol][col][col][col][row][mcol]28/04[mcol]Manchester United[mcol]v[mcol]Arsenal[row][mcol][col][col][col][/table]

Nah no streams.

he should have been sent out on loan as soon as he recovered from injury earlier this season, i have no idea why they waited, this player is far too good for reserve team football

I'd say it's possible that his injury was so serious that they perhaps didn't want him going down to the notoriously rough Championship to get kicked around the place and risk getting seriously injured again. Perhaps the less-competitive nature of reserve football is exactly what he needed - not to mention that Villa would then be able to keep a closer eye on his recuperation. So ordinarily I'd agree with you, but given the nature of his injury, I think they were probably right on this one to err on the side of caution.

Nah no streams.

Agree also, but as BOF mentioned, I think they didn't want to risk him getting injured after so long out. Hope he gets sent out on loan come start of the new season. Interested to see how he takes to competetive football.

Ah well, it's been a funny old season this one - a changing of the guard has taken place and we've been a bit scruffy at times. I can't remember us using so many players in a season as this for a long time.

Still, there's been a good sized group who've had a first look at it and they'll be better off for the experience and whilst it's possible that Gary Gardner might push straight through, the rest will be back next year.

I've liked the look of Carruthers this term and Berry, Ellis, Johnson and Devine look to have a fair bit of talent, some of the very young ones have a bit about them too and Serrano is supposed to be a decent prospect so we might do well next time out.

The one thing we lack at the moment coming through is a striker, Forrester showed some improvement towards the end of the year but it'll be make or break for him next season and there doesn't seem to be an out and out striker behind him.

We've got excellent coaches and the way they've developed the crop that have just come through suggests that they'll get the best out of those to come - next season should be very interesting - especially if we can find our next number nine.

good post obe, i agree with all of it but i don't think we have a striker who's good enough or old enough to be a regular in next season's reserves. I think robinson is a real talent but will mainly play with the u18s and connor taylor is a dead cert to be released at the end of this season

Skysports.com understands Barnsley are poised to seal a summer swoop for Aston Villa youngster Harry Forrester.

The young forward looks set to leave Villa Park in the summer and the Tykes have moved quickly to secure his services.

Forrester has impressed during his time with the Midlands outfit's academy and reserve sides and is now poised to be given the opportunity to continue his career with the Championship side.

Oakwell boss Mark Robins has invited the talented and versatile attacker to join the South Yorkshire side for training ahead of his expected switch at the end of the season.

Forrester has been capped at youth level for England and has featured alongside the likes of Nathan Delfouneso for Villa's second string.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11677_6899349,00.html

Thought he was brilliant v Liverpool, probably best for his career though?