Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs will only come in if they sell Bale.

Not really, Lennon under perform last season and no one held down the RW spot, with Walker going back as first choice I imagine, they would be a partnership.

I hope not but Walker rates Downing extremely highly and with the problems at club at the moment, never know. :|

Much higher, almost guaranteed. He won't be playing in the CL with us, that's for sure. As a yardstick for our future ambitions, I don't think we could have made a worse appointment.

Do you think the chances of Downing leaving this summer are now higher or lower?

Who can say ?

One thing is for sure. If he wants to go, we should put a realistic price on his head and say 'if a club meets that you're off'. if they don't you're staying and fighting for your place in the starting 11

No ifs or buts

I've had it with players wanting out. I don't care who they are, big name, small name. If they want out, providing the price is right they can **** off. That's my new attitude. Nobody, NOBODY is too good for Aston Villa, and if they think they are * and i'm not saying Downing think's he is * they can do one

So, with that said. Downing cost us 12m with a broken foot, he's since gone on to be our player of the year with a better goals and assists ratio than the much hyped Modric.

So 25m it is. 22m at the very least.

Do you think the chances of Downing leaving this summer are now higher or lower?

Higher, he wont want to look back and go "I hated playing for alex mcleish as I just watched balls fly over my head"....similar to another of his ex players.

I just don't think we'll let him leave. He still has a couple of years left on his contract, so we don't absolutely have to sell this summer if we're determined not to. He has already said he'll put his head down and play hard if he stays, and I don't doubt that's the case. He will need to impress if he wants to earn a move, anyway.

I think after the managerial mess, the board will be determined to show some resolve on this one.

Downing cost us 12m with a broken foot, he's since gone on to be our player of the year with a better goals and assists ratio than the much hyped Modric.

So 25m it is. 22m at the very least.

this is what currently is getting on my tits.

keep seeing 12M and we're holding out for 15M

yet i see fellaini at everton rated at 25M in the NOTW

johnson at 10M dann at 15M

and liverpool just paid 20M for henderson when he looked pretty ordinary to me in the U21's.

so downing, cost 12M injured.

is better player now

is back in england squad now

and english prices are through the roof at the moment.

25M is realistic, he's not in the last year of his contract like ash.

but personally i think he owes us another year

Downing specifically said he wanted to play in Champions League. If Liverpool are the only team in for him he won't get that for at least 2 seasons. Unless Chelsea come in for him. Can't see him interesting Arsenal or Man Utd.

I think we'll keep him regardless, unless 20m+ is offered.

Â