Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

18 million? Wow an extra 3 million is going to tempt us into selling isnt it....

Piss off liverpool pay up or piss off i really do hope your club who's transfer dealings rely on tapping people up goes down the shitter

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thing which narks me is the arrogance of LFC supporters. It's like you should be honoured to find that your team has a player the mighty reds deem good enough to sign for them.

One tweeted me today that playing for Liverpool would enhance Downing's chances of playing for England!!!

Erm ....oh silly me I'm sure I thought he'd actually played for his national side even before he signed for Villa

Its funny reading all the comments on Downing. So many comments on how Downing not being good enough or my personal favourite not quick enough to play in Liverpool's lightning midfield. Then there's the comments about how instead of spending 20mil on downing they should spend 25 on mata or spend 25+ on some superstar that wouldn't realistically go to them.

Anyway watched his highlights from last season, hope we keep him but if we get 22+ I'd understand selling him

One tweeted me today that playing for Liverpool would enhance Downing's chances of playing for England!!!

There's me thinking that we had more players in the England squad than them over the past 4 years? Bloody hell I thought Capello had his own season ticket at VP?

So many comments on how Downing not being good enough or my personal favourite not quick enough to play in Liverpool's lightning midfield.

Maybe the point is that they need some pace in their side? Who cares, they have made the rod for their own backs in selling Torres for 50m and buying Carroll for 35m and Henderson for 20m its' their own silly little over priced market they are living in.

As for all this MON over paid for alot of players well he also made Villa alot of money by buying emerging players and selling them for massive fees as well. It's not all one sided?

As others have said....I will be gutted if he puts in a transfer request. He is in the England squad at Villa, he is adored (by most), and has a chance to be a regular 'first on the teamsheet' type player for us. Not to mention Bent knocking in his crosses, and a free ride at set pieces with Young gone.

If downing goes, we should re-invest that money into a player of slightly less calibre than him, then when (and if) he becomes as good as downing was, sell him onto a bigger club so he can live out his champions league dream and we (randy) will make a tidy little profit of a few million!

Repeat this cycle every season then in about 10 years time we (randy) will have a nice bit of cash in our (his) bank and can perhaps buy an older Bojan or someone like that, then have a crack at the league!

Good times ahead folks!

As for all this MON over paid for alot of players well he also made Villa alot of money by buying emerging players and selling them for massive fees as well. It's not all one sided?

He didnt make that much money on A.Young or Milner though. Actually, selling Milner was probably one of the worst bits of business weve done in ages. What was it...Ireland and 12m?? Yeah, great stuff. You cant count Barry because MoN didnt sign him.

Then not to mention him selling off Cahill and bringing Knight in for more money. Marlon Harewood? Nicky Shorey? NRC who has now left for **** all. Cuellar? Looking like a pretty expensive flop. Loaning Scott fookin Carson for 2m? Madness. Habib Beye? Honestly, i could go on.

You cant deny it, MoN was shit in the transfer market.

He didnt make that much money on A.Young or Milner though. Actually, selling Milner was probably one of the worst bits of business weve done in ages. What was it...Ireland and 12m?? Yeah, great stuff. You cant count Barry because MoN didnt sign him.

£18 million and Ireland.....still shit business in the end but not sure where "12 million came from.

Why N'Gog, he is poor. Take a cash offer around £22-24 million or leave it for a season.

I cant see Liverpool going that high.. I can also see our board looking at the 18m and thinking its a good enough porice to sell..This is why I think we should at least try and get a player included in the deal..

I dont want to sell Downing full stop...Just going by past deals I think the board will deal on 18m.

N'Gog isnt great but he is good enough as a back up striker/winger..He is also young enough to improve..Would be a good replacement for Heskey and a cheaper option on wages.

Why N'Gog, he is poor. Take a cash offer around £22-24 million or leave it for a season.

I cant see Liverpool going that high.. I can also see our board looking at the 18m and thinking its a good enough porice to sell..This is why I think we should at least try and get a player included in the deal..

I dont want to sell Downing full stop...Just going by past deals I think the board will deal on 18m.

N'Gog isnt great but he is good enough as a back up striker/winger..He is also young enough to improve..Would be a good replacement for Heskey and a cheaper option on wages.

I'd hate us to buy N'Gog. Whenever I've seen him, he's just looked like a headless chicken.

I don't know if there are any unwanted-Liverpool players that we would need/ want. Offer £22m+ or get stuffed!

Ahhh the magical figure of 18m. What is our fascination with that anyway?? In my mind, that figure came around from the Barry deal when Spurs set the price of 18m for Carrick. Our board got it into their head that this was the going rate for an England midfielder - which looking back on it was correct. Then Milner went (so ive been told) for 18m and the Young for 18m. Now the price for Downing looks likely to be in the region of 18m.

18m in this day and age for a top premier league player is peanuts. I think somebody needs to tell the board that times have moved on, and that magical figure of 18m should now be more like 25 - 30m

Based on very little. Club and McLeish said won't sell at all or at least unless it's something stupid. While, we took £17-18 million ish for Young didn't we who was on last year of contract...they aren't going to take similar for Downing. I think anything over £22 million though will tempt the board but can't see anyone going that high.

No way to Ngog.

He is poor.

Why does everyone always want to get some crappy player in part exchange?

Think about, they only reason why they are trying to offload him is because he is crap.

You want to give them one of our best players and they give us one of their worst players?

Great deal that...

Liverpool are swiftly becoming my most hated Premier League team. I'd even take Newcastle over the bin dippers. Horrible team, horrible fans, horrible manager, horrible city and disguising in their business dealings.

Also can we PLEASE change the title of the thread from 'best to come'. It makes me angry whenever I read it.

Â