The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I suffered from shin splints also, its horrible. I refused to stop playing though when it was mild, like an idiot just made it worse. In the end I had to take a break from football for roughly 3 months. 

It got to a stage where I was feeling it just by walking down a slight hill, flat terrain or uphill seemed ok but I couldnt run regardless due to the pain. Its hard to describe the pain, I guess if you imagine sharp intense pins and needles type feeling right down the inside your shin bones. 

Was in my mid 20s then, never returned after that (yet)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TRO said:

yes.

I don't know why the diagnosis has not been confirmed.

Possibly because it's not actually what the problem is and this is all just rumour? 

I'm sure Smith said it was a calf problem before. 

Just now, AVTuco said:

Looks like it's going to take time. We need to replace him or risk our promotion hopes.

He doesnt need replacing, we have more than enough in our squad to see us through the next 4 or 5 games with out him.

3 more games includes 1 cup game if that is all it is to get him back firing on all cylinders then I am happy.  We need to find ways to play without Jack and that will benefit us in the long run as he is bound to be off at some point.  In Deano we trust.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He doesnt need replacing, we have more than enough in our squad to see us through the next 4 or 5 games with out him.

You're risking that it's not just the next few games. These types of injuries can take months. All speculation, I know, but we haven't had a midfield in the last two games he's been out. Longer term we cannot win like this.

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

You're risking that it's not just the next few games. These types of injuries can take months. All speculation, I know, but we haven't had a midfield in the last two games he's been out. Longer term we cannot win like this.

We have landsbury coming back soon, he is deserving of a shot there.  It would be far better for ffp reasons to try and get him some value too.

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

We have landsbury coming back soon, he is deserving of a shot there.  It would be far better for ffp reasons to try and get him some value too.

I'm afraid I don't have much faith in him making an impact. We need quality in midfield, we have quantity.

That’s the price we pay for not emphasising on technical/ creative abilities when signing midfielders ... previous regime simply stock pile on old work horse like Whelsn/Jedinak / Thor etc .. even Mcggin is not the fully creative type .  

• Like 1

Remember when people were wanting him dropped? That clearly would've gone well...

Bit worrying there doesn't really seem to be any official diagnosis on his injury, hopefully that means that it is just a case of him having to rest up for a bit rather than something more nefarious. Seems like the Hull game might be the aim for his return?

Â