The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

What do you all make of the Dave Kitson claim then??

Dave kitson, former stoke player stating that Tony Pulls deliberately winds his players up so they cause fouls and hopefully injure players, this if true is dirty and disgusting. Now it would make perfect sense that so many teams out there are gunning for us and Jack Grealish on the pitch and makes alot more sense as to why he's the most fouled player and most likely not just in the championship I am curious if he is in the world this season.

This is one of there own former players coming out and saying this and this could start to unravel more story's like this I hope it does because then maybe the referees will start to get tough on fouls early on and the entirety of the game. It's because of lousy officiating that managers are saying go out there and put players out of action, that fact in some situations reds should have been shown yet not even a yellow card was given sends a message to managers why not play dirty on the pitch. Its about time the efl got onto there officials and told them the job your doing isn't good enough, start showing cards when they are required and stop managers from sending players out and hurting players who do just want to play decent good football.

Edited by Dave-R

10 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

It's just football. If there's some skill merchant at 5 a side destroying you someone at half time will offer the words of wisdom "take him out"

Its just reality.

just an observation, not a criticism....He needs to move the ball quicker to avoid half the tackles.

Edited by TRO

It wasn't atrocious. Did you see who they were playing against! You have to look back three months for anything that resembles atrocious.

I agree Grealish is the man. Won't beat Leeds without him.

3 hours ago, Farlz said:

After today it should remind everyone how absolutely vital he is. The team runs through him. 

Midfield was atrocious without him. 

Hmm, quote seems to be underneath my message for some reason. Interesting.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

We missed Jack so badly today. 

Instead of our attacks looking like a fluid seamless transition from back to front, we looked laboured and stuttering moving forwards. 

He just floats forward carrying us along in his wake. Linking everything together but always always forwards. 

He does make football look easy

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Instead of our attacks looking like a fluid seamless transition from back to front, we looked laboured and stuttering moving forwards. 

He just floats forward carrying us along in his wake. Linking everything together but always always forwards. 

Spot on.  The movement in central positions behind Tammy was awful all game long.  It resulted in passing along midfield to work the ball to Hutton/Elmo and then down the wings to attack.  We created very, very little despite having most of the ball - particularly in the first half.

Grealish is vital for us.

• Like 2

Missed him massively for me. Just those positions he takes up, creating space for others. You could see we weren’t getting as many free kicks as well, so the game was more hectic, players looked more tired as they weren’t getting those breaks you get when he is fouled.

21 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Is he back for Leeds? 

Almost certainly not. Smith said as much in his post Stoke interview. He’s been very careful with his words about Grealish but the rumours doing the rounds on Twitter were that Jack is out for a couple of months. Smith has said before Stoke he was unlikely to make the game but he immediately quashed to notion of him being back for Leeds when asked by the interviewer. 

His injury seems to be a result of being kicked to sh*t by every team and the worry seems to be playing him and making it even worse where he could be out for a very lengthy period. 

Whilst I do think we underperformed without him than what we’re capable of on saturday, we have no player who can come close to representing what he does for us and that can only hurt us. We need him back as soon as poss but Smith isn’t giving much away atall about a likely return date and I expect him to rule him out each and very week without giving an indication of when he’ll be back. 

Edited by roonst83
  • Thanks 1

Jack's Not the team. We have enough talented individuals in this squad. Most were off par yet we still managed a point. I think grealish wouldnt have been that effective today simply because so many were off the pace and he would ahve been kicked all around the pitch.

The team performance generally was quite poor and that I think was reason not grealish miss.

• Like 2

On 15/12/2018 at 22:01, sidcow said:

I agree, but I also think we struggled keeping possession without him. I'm not sure whether the statistics back it up, but I had the impression we invited a lot of pressure cause we fumbled the ball a lot in midfield. 

On 15/12/2018 at 11:42, TRO said:

Its just reality.

just an observation, not a criticism....He needs to move the ball quicker to avoid half the tackles.

my observation would be that the majority of the fouls he wins are tactical, he's buying them, usually because he has absolutely nothing on other than a pass backwards

look how many of them are going away from goal, slow down, contact in the back, fall over, he's not ruining attacks with soft free kicks and the impressive thing for me is that he's willing to take 4/5 knocks per game for the sake of the team, he's getting fouled on purpose

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Jack's Not the team. We have enough talented individuals in this squad. Most were off par yet we still managed a point. I think grealish wouldnt have been that effective today simply because so many were off the pace and he would ahve been kicked all around the pitch.

The team performance generally was quite poor and that I think was reason not grealish miss.

He is not THE team, no-one is. But as posted above he's a vital part of the team and Saturday proved that IMO. For e.g: We're used to seeing Tammy have multiple chances each game every game since Dean Smith & Co have came in yet Saturday was just wasnt the same.

He is our creative outlet and this is why Hourihane and Mcginn suit him in a 3. Hourihane is a danger from set pieces (It is usually Grealish winning them) and Mcginn battles all game winning the ball to give to Jack (I think Grealish's defensive game has come on leap and bounds since the start of this year though too tbf). 

I honestly thought we'd cope fine without him as its not like the days before DS & co where we just used to give it Jack and hope for the best. I still think we do have enough to cover but that just wasn't it on Saturday. Dean Smith plays possession football and Jack doesnt give the ball away. This is why he is instrumental in us moving forward. 

Clearly we missed him but I felt we made the miss worse than we needed it to be on Sat. 

In the second half time and time again Hourihane and Whelan were switching roles so that Conor was coming back to try and break the lines with his passes and Glenn was finding himself further forward in Jack's role. 

Now Whelan is no Grealish that is for sure. I couldn't understand the thinking of keeping him on if Conor was going to play deeper. Its the first time I've wondered what Smith was thinking. He's been so clear about square pegs etc so far. It may well be that OHare is not capable of playing that box to box role that Jack does for us and I expect Smith/Terry etc to know that better than me but I felt he deserved a chance because on the face of it I can't see why he wouldn't make a damn good fist of it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, El Kami Ghazi said:

He is not THE team, no-one is. But as posted above he's a vital part of the team and Saturday proved that IMO. For e.g: We're used to seeing Tammy have multiple chances each game every game since Dean Smith & Co have came in yet Saturday was just wasnt the same.

He is our creative outlet and this is why Hourihane and Mcginn suit him in a 3. Hourihane is a danger from set pieces (It is usually Grealish winning them) and Mcginn battles all game winning the ball to give to Jack (I think Grealish's defensive game has come on leap and bounds since the start of this year though too tbf). 

I honestly thought we'd cope fine without him as its not like the days before DS & co where we just used to give it Jack and hope for the best. I still think we do have enough to cover but that just wasn't it on Saturday. Dean Smith plays possession football and Jack doesnt give the ball away. This is why he is instrumental in us moving forward. 

Some good point but it's one game against a very organised solid stoke side. The real problem is the lack of options we had. No adomah to throw on. No bjarnason for whelan etc. 

I think mcginn has a lot of creative ability in him. El ghazi struggled against the physical stoke players. It's clear he is abit liteweight.  I didn't think bolaise was any good either.

Grealish could have added something extra but I don't think he was missed as much as people think. It was just the performance was flat. It happens. We can't play well every week.

I think the fact we were facing a Gary Rowett Stoke City side exaggerated Grealish's absence.

I expect to miss him, as any team would. But it will be extra obvious against sides like that.

• Like 2

Â