The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

1 hour ago, holteend1982 said:

Thought he played really well last night, that volley that was blocked was going in and very unlucky on the free kick. 

Agree he played very well but the free kick would also have been very lucky if it crept inside the post as the keeper made a balls of it.

Surprised to see this thread so far down. I've been critical of him this season but last night was much better, he even rode a couple of challenges instead of instantly going down looking for a free kick! More performances like that and (win or lose) his critics will soon disappear 

Edit : although his set plays are generally terrible he's actually really good at those deep free kicks and he can get really good whip on the ball in, a little bit more work on that and it will be a very dangerous weapon for him

Edited by weedman

13 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Also had more shots in the game than any other player including both teams (SIX).

Smith is already getting more out of him and getting noticable improvement to his play!

If last night becomes the norm, you are dead right.

Great game for him , you can see he loves playing for us .........but he needs to play in areas his flair will hurt the opposition . If he drifts back to defend the opposition don't need to worry about his offensive ability and can fully commit to attacking. If he stays higher up the pitch then they have to put at least two players on him otherwise we get the ball and he will run riot .I'm sure DS sees this. 

He's a great player and will be world class , just hope it's with us .

Edited by tinker

10 hours ago, tinker said:

Great game for him , you can see he loves playing for us .........but he needs to play in areas his flair will hurt the opposition . If he drifts back to defend the opposition don't need to worry about his offensive ability and can fully commit to attacking. If he stays higher up the pitch then they have to put at least two players on him otherwise we get the ball and he will run riot .I'm sure DS sees this. 

He's a great player and will be world class , just hope it's with us .

This will be the last season you see him in a villa shirt 

• Sad 1

I read "Harry's" assessment of Jack.....I agree with him, marvellous footballer

He has a wonderful balance about his play, he has feet others can only dream of, great ball control. and glides like a thoroughbred.

I think Dean will get the best of of him, he has, had to do too much lately, because many players in our team do not possess the ability to carry the ball out of defence, like him.

We don't get the best from him because too many are not on the same wave length.....and he gets caught as a result.

He is a player, you would never want to sell, if you have ambition.

but if refs had any ambition and played to the rules like protecting genuine talent, from injury.....more yellows would come out.

On 28/10/2018 at 09:08, KHV said:

This will be the last season you see him in a villa shirt 

he just signed  a new 5 year contract so it would take a huge bid to get him ... unless there is a low(ish) release clause

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

I was very glad in the summer when the new owners announced he wouldn't be leaving that window. I couldn't help but notice they didn't say year or season, but specifically that transfer window. I hope he's not off in Jan.

I think if we are still in the running for promotion he will stay. If not, then he will go.

Are we seriously getting to the point where we are putting him down for chewing gum?

You can't slag him off for footballing reasons this week so lets pluck another reason out the air. Socks rolled down, shin pads too small, hairstyle, went to the cinema the day before a match. Spin the wheel and pick what you want.

1 hour ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Did he always chew gum during games?  The impression is all a bit "I'm too good for all this".  Plus his body language has definitely changed since the summer.

I think you are being ultra paranoid. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFC44 said:

I think if we are still in the running for promotion he will stay. If not, then he will go.

We wont be in the running for promotion by January. I doubt we will be pick up 10 points between now and then looking at the fixtures.

3 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

Did he always chew gum during games?  The impression is all a bit "I'm too good for all this".  Plus his body language has definitely changed since the summer.

UTtMjkJP_o.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Are we seriously getting to the point where we are putting him down for chewing gum?

You can't slag him off for footballing reasons this week so lets pluck another reason out the air. Socks rolled down, shin pads too small, hairstyle, went to the cinema the day before a match. Spin the wheel and pick what you want.

I love the guy. It was just a comment.

Anyway I actually think it’s dangerous.  They stop a player wearing a ring without tape round it but it’s ok to chew something that could choke you in a collision.

Â