The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

He does get fouled alot, he has brilliant feet and balance. Up there with the best. 

This is a massive and unfair comparison but the greats like Messi and Ronaldinho is they get hacked at and they bounce off the foul and keep striding forward. They ride the challenges. If he could keep striding forward the gaps for others open up massively. Where he can pick a pass or shoot.

We know he can do it. 

Where TF has this Grealish been this season?

He has talent no question, but that talent needs to be harnessed to the team to create Effect....at present he is not Effective enough.

I guess Jack is on Deano's agenda to work one on one and get some dedicated coaching, when the time allows.

He is not as bad as some say, and not as good as some say either.

He has better ball control than any other midfielder and that alone is not in abundance in our team, so he has to stay in the team....He has to WORK his way back in to form.

The amount of issues in the team may be affecting him.....We are missing Terry, Snodgrass and Johnstone.....all very influential on our overall, last season.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Jack, the man who has to drop 80 yards to pick the ball up off his back four because none of them can even think about passing into a midfielder without shitting the bed......and then someone also has to be the man to provide the "cutting edge in the final third"

Feel sorry for the guy tbfh.

Still wish he would bang some shots off sooner though tbf.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Jack, the man who has to drop 80 yards to pick the ball up off his back four because none of them can even think about passing into a midfielder without shitting the bed......and then someone also has to be the man to provide the "cutting edge in the final third"

Feel sorry for the guy tbfh.

Still wish he would bang some shots off sooner though tbf.

My dad text me toward the end of the game and said "Grealish would be a good Premier League player given he would have better players around him.  Dropping too deep for the ball" - basically spot on.

He needs to stop doing it.  Just stay further up.

Much more like it last night. Definitely getting into the box more on instruction, and showing more drive and conviction.

The goals will start to drop in for him soon, I don’t recall him ever scoring a tap in, but I’m sure that will come now he’s getting in the box more. 

I find it incredible how every week he is allowed to be hacked down at every opportunity, but I love that it doesn’t faze him. The one from Joel Lynch last night was f**king criminal!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TRO said:

He has talent no question, but that talent needs to be harnessed to the team to create Effect....at present he is not Effective enough.

I guess Jack is on Deano's agenda to work one on one and get some dedicated coaching, when the time allows.

He is not as bad as some say, and not as good as some say either.

He has better ball control than any other midfielder and that alone is not in abundance in our team, so he has to stay in the team....He has to WORK his way back in to form.

The amount of issues in the team may be affecting him.....We are missing Terry, Snodgrass and Johnstone.....all very influential on our overall, last season.

I think he is eriksen-lite in many ways. Great feet and balance. The shot that went just wide last night from just outside the box - he needs to take positions like that up more often. Not the most confident striker of a ball.

• Like 1

I am glad that Smith made a point last night of asking for more protection for Jack. He gets kicked out of the game every week. We are just so apathetic about everything at Villa. We just accept rubbish referee performances. We need to crank up the pressure in a subtle way.

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We rely on him for pretty much everything. 

He is the go to player.....but that equally highlights the shortfalls in some of the others.

Jack is back. 

He has been pretty poor this season and i think deservedly got a bit of stick because his attitude didn't look right, but last night he was great. 

Long may it continue. 

46 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I am glad that Smith made a point last night of asking for more protection for Jack. He gets kicked out of the game every week. We are just so apathetic about everything at Villa. We just accept rubbish referee performances. We need to crank up the pressure in a subtle way.

When Terry and Snodgrass was on the pitch last season he was much more protected but we have no leader now to jump in refs face asking for cards

Â