The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the scapegoat has been decided

Not really, he just had a shit game. 

For the position he plays he should be doing a lot more than "winning free kicks"

He should be dictating games, pulling strings, but he doesn't. 

That doesn't make him a scapegoat and he shouldn't be devoid of criticism if he is having a bad spell. 

• Like 1

It's like he's criticized for not being able to carry the rest of the team better. Even when he's underperforming he's still one of our best players. This reminds me a little of how the swedish press would hound zlatan in the national team.

• Like 3

I think we can all agree that Jack is a much better player than he has shown this season. Now he could just be going through a bad patch, he could have off tne field issues who knows, but i don't think it's behond the realms of possibility to suggest the move to Spurs is still playing on his mind. 

Now would i consider selling the Jack of last season? Absolutely not. But he needs to get his head straight quickly because if he can't shake this idea that he should be playing in the PL then we may have no choice because this seasons version of Jack isn't worth the money that we could still get for him, and with FFP being a huge concern we may need a big sale to fund a rebuild. 

From what I saw Grealish was our best attacking player - he carried the ball and he drew fouls in very dangerous positions.

Yes, he needs more assists and goals but give Smith time to build a team which as a consequence will benefit Grealish's game IMO.

Grealish does need to improve on his set pieces but hopefully McGinn will be taking them again in the next game.

Another poor performance from Grealish for me.  He's not a scapegoat as some have mentioned and yes he did win a lot of freekicks but he's not dangerous, he's not doing what he did last season and a bit of a luxury at the moment.  Jack is one of the best players in the league but certainly hasnt shown it this season.  Yes he shouldnt have to carry the team on his back, yes the way Villa are playing is not his fault but he's not helping matters.  He is one of our best players, one of our key players and if he is one of the best players in the league then he should have more influence than others in the team and should aid in making others players look better than they are.  At the moment he wins freekicks and slows the pace of the team down when in attacking possession.  When on form that is excellent, when he is low on form that is insufficient........we need Jack back!!!

18 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

It's like he's criticized for not being able to carry the rest of the team better. Even when he's underperforming he's still one of our best players. This reminds me a little of how the swedish press would hound zlatan in the national team.

I wouldn't say that is all true, tonight his corners and free kicks were dreadful, worse than Westwood dreadful, his passing was very sloppy and on a couple of occasions he went for unnecessary difficult passes when much easier options were available. 

He has massive potential, but is having a spell where he just isn't performing in the position he fills. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I think we can all agree that Jack is a much better player than he has shown this season.

No we can't. 9 career goals and 12 assists since 2014 (Five Seasons) is a reflection of how poor he is. He needs dropping and pronto!

How the guy walks into the team week in, week out is actually beyond belief.

4 minutes ago, Spray said:

No we can't. 9 career goals and 12 assists since 2014 (Five Seasons) is a reflection of how poor he is. He needs dropping and pronto!

How the guy walks into the team week in, week out is actually beyond belief.

Today I learned football player = goals + assists. Conor Hourihane must be precisely 2 times the player Jack is with his 40 goals + assists since 2016.

How he walks into this team full of absolute ballers like Henri Lansbury and Glenn Whelan I'll never know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Jack is one of the best players in the league.

That's not actually true is it. That's your opinion and it isn't backed up by any statistics that really matter except sky's logic of making you the "most created" because you're the "most fouled."

Imagine being top of the "chances" board - it's not great it is.

9 minutes ago, Spray said:

That's not actually true is it. That's your opinion and it isn't backed up by any statistics that really matter except sky's logic of making you the "most created" because you're the "most fouled."

Imagine being top of the "chances" board - it's not great it is.

Uh, yes it is.

So basically it's stats over everything, unless they disagree with me  ? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Today I learned football player = goals + assists. Conor Hourihane must be precisely 2 times the player Jack is with his 40 goals + assists since 2016.

How he walks into this team full of absolute ballers like Henri Lansbury and Glenn Whelan I'll never know. 

The classic deflection. We're talking about one player specifically but we'll throw three more into the mix.

Just now, Spray said:

The classic deflection. We're talking about one player specifically but we'll throw three more into the mix.

I'm sorry, but do those 3 players play for another team, or even another position? 

"How he walks into this team is beyond belief"

*names the players that he gets into this team ahead*

"Why are you talking about other players?"

:crylaugh:

• Like 4

Watch the game with your own eyes and don't worry about the goals and assists numbers for him. 

If you saw Arsenal's goal against Leicester you'll see Mesut Ozil play a pass that pretty much took out their entire midfield and defence. It left the running full back an easy square pass to Aubameyang for a tap in. Ozil created this goal and should get vast majority of the credit, he doesn't get the goal or assist though.

Jack is dropping deep a lot more than he should to pick the ball and it means he plays the 3rd pass in a lot of moves. We need to get him higher up the pitch and in better positions but he's still one of our best players and there is no way we are better of with him on the bench. It doesn't help that this team is totally messed up balance wise. We have Elmo and Adomah who aren't great and two awful full backs that attempt to support them, it's pretty easy to defend against and a big reason why we don't create much.

We will still have to suffer from the aftermath of Bruce for a while longer yet but I bet when we do come good Jack will be a big part of it.

Can't believe Jack is taking so much stick for this performance. He was one of our best players tonight.

A lot of armchair generals who don't know much about football are stringing words together like a monkey at a typewriter. He is so much better technically than 99% of players in the Championship. Even when he plays below par, Jack passes the ball with more zip, beats more men, finds better angles, tries more difficult ideas than anyone else in the team.

Yes he blasts his free kicks into the wall too often, but you can only do that if you're the one entrusted with the task. It's easy to avoid taking risks if you want to avoid criticism, but he never shirks his responsibilities.

I'd understand all the criticism if he had an attitude problem, but I see a good work rate and plenty of commitment to the cause, even in the dying minutes of a game. If you want to hound him out of the club, trust me he will perform at a higher level for another club with better teammates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

the scapegoat has been decided

When another player gets critised its fine but when its 'golden boy grealish its scapegoat.  He has been poor very poor this year. We need him but he has gone back to the days of being inconsistent . 

I said it in summer he is nowhere near 40m people were saying. It can't even perform consistently at this level let alone at premier league.

• Like 2

Â