The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

10 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Very poor tonight, looked devoid of ideas

Or devoid of options, where were the runs. His choice appeared to out wide to Taylor, Albert, Hutton or Elmo. No options through the centre at all.

Unfortunately it is going to take a while for Smith to change the way we play and if Freakish is still struggling then I might join the group he think we should let him go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This site amazes me, literally everything good that we did today went through him, as usual.

Consistently got our wingers into dangerous positions through his touch and vision. There's nobody in our team with the awareness or ability to do that. It's not his fault they had zero end product and were tripping over themselves before they could even cross.

But yeah, he didn't have a hat trick of goals and assists so he was shit and "offered nothing". Give me a **** break.

Yep agreed, at times he may have slowed the ball a bit, but every time he got the ball he took a Norwich player out of the game. 

Yes we want more from him, but people saying he was poor is a massive disservice for me.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

The least of our problems

True.

He was very hit and miss tonight, several poor passes, off the pace......but he still threatened more than any other player, particularly if you include the FKs won........which, it shoukd be remembered, were,, on at least 4 occasions, the resukt of pretty ‘ agricultural’ ‘ tackles’ which prevented him breaking through their defence.

He does look to me like he could do with a rest though. Mentally he seems a little jaded. Personally, I wouldn’t mind at all if Smith gave him a couple of weeks off.

9 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Didn't do anything!? He won like 50 freekicks in dangerous areas, and is the only one able to advance with the ball at his feet. Granted he has a tendency to slow us down too much, but that's mainly due to poor movement from others. I'm not suggesting he's in great form or anything, but at least he's working hard and trying to make things happen. We need to lower our exceptions, he isn't Messi, he's still learning.

But we didn’t do anything from these free kicks as he took a few of them, can’t even beat the wall and like you say he slows us down to much, who’s compared him to messi ? 

So frustrating...

No, not Jack... (Ok maybe a little Jack)

But how teams single him out week in week out, with persistent fouling but never enough to see them down to 10 men and for us to gain a real advantage.

Jack's form hasn't reached the standards he has set last season but he has been played in different positions and in poor team performances, he will come good again

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep agreed, at times he may have slowed the ball a bit, but every time he got the ball he took a Norwich player out of the game. 

Yes we want more from him, but people saying he was poor is a massive disservice for me.

All you have to do is compare him with Hourihane who was playing in the same position. It's not even close who was creating more and getting himself and others into advanced positions.

He's not at the level he was at last season yet but he's still making things happen for us. People heard £40m in the summer and think he's supposed to be Hazard or something, and if he's not at that level then of course that means he must be shit then. Baffling.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

This site amazes me, literally everything good that we did today went through him, as usual.

Consistently got our wingers into dangerous positions through his touch and vision. There's nobody in our team with the awareness or ability to do that. It's not his fault they had zero end product and were tripping over themselves before they could even cross.

But yeah, he didn't have a hat trick of goals and assists so he was shit and "offered nothing". Give me a **** break.

Wasn't you saying not long ago on here he was better than Ryan Segnesson (Last Season) and Ruben Neves (Wolves) last season?  And Jack is best player Championship has ever seen?

He had a good second half last season but been poor this season and was poor in RDM/Bruce first season of us in Championship. Literally take what you are saying with a pinch of salt!

Edited by Villan4Life

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

All you have to do is compare him with Hourihane who was playing in the same position. It's not even close who was creating more and getting himself and others into advanced positions.

He's not at the level he was at last season yet but he's still making things happen for us. People heard £40m in the summer and think he's supposed to be Hazard or something, and if he's not at that level then of course that means he must be shit then. Baffling.

This ffs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Wasn't you saying not long ago on here he was better than Ryan Segnesson (Last Season) and Ruben Neves (Wolves) last season?  And Jack is best player Championship has ever seen?

He had a good second half last season but been poor this season and was poor in RDM/Bruce first season of us in Championship.

If he wasn't on the pitch today we definitely would have noticed his absence, let's put it that way.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Or devoid of options, where were the runs. His choice appeared to out wide to Taylor, Albert, Hutton or Elmo. No options through the centre at all.

Unfortunately it is going to take a while for Smith to change the way we play and if Freakish is still struggling then I might join the group he think we should let him go.

Problem is he has vey few options when he has the ball. We have 2 of the worst attacking fullbacks in the northern hemisphere. Hutton and Taylor can't cross so don't overlap , this limits grealish to only having to go past 3 players. 

Just now, osmark86 said:

If he wasn't on the pitch today we definitely would have noticed his absence, let's put it that way.

We need a lot better in most area's if we are to become a top team once again. Put it that way! Need to find more McGinn sort of signings in transfer windows

• Like 1

Just now, Villan4Life said:

We need a lot better in most area's if we are to become a top team once again. Put it that way! Need to find more McGinn sort of signings in transfer windows

I don't disagree with that.

• Like 1

I love how people make excuses for him. Dreadful performance. His set pieces were league two standard, his corners were terrible, freekicks pathetic. Does he care?? His performances to me hav3 been shite this year 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He had a good second half last season but been poor this season and was poor in RDM/Bruce first season of us in Championship. Literally take what you are saying with a pinch of salt!

Never sad he was better than Neves, but yeah I think he's a better player than Sessegnon...what does that have to do with anything?

He's not in blistering form but he's still our best performer and is absolutely not shit like people are making out, that was the point I was making. By all means dispute that point without bringing up red herrings.

• Like 1

Â